Scandi noir....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
saying they block people for disagreeing with them

Who on here has said they block people just for disagreeing with them? I think that that would be a weak and nonsensical thing to do on a political discussion forum.

I cannot remember that being said, but if true you should be able to name them, and show where they said that. If not then you are making stuff up for effect.

I am aware of people who have said they have blocked people because of the perceived level of abuse, but that is a different thing and not what you are saying.

icowden

Legendary Member
Putting people on ignore simply limits your view of the world, especially on here where so many people share broadly the same world view. Silencing any opposition to your own view is a very fascist thing to do, look at how many dictators silence all opposing views.
In principle I agree with you, but putting Jowwy on ignore is essentially putting the drunk guy in the pub who is just shouting into the air on silent mode. I enjoy discussing with those who disagree, but it's helpful to have counter arguments and an actual point of view rather than just "YOU'RE WRONG".

Hence I do tend to mute Jowwy. Only person I have ever muted.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
In principle I agree with you, but putting Jowwy on ignore is essentially putting the drunk guy in the pub who is just shouting into the air on silent mode. I enjoy discussing with those who disagree, but it's helpful to have counter arguments and an actual point of view rather than just "YOU'RE WRONG".

:okay: :wacko:

AndyRM

Elder Goth

You're not missing much. His incomprehensible nonsense is barely worth reading. And yet we still have to on this unmoderated bit of the internet.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Some prick just posted…..but got a few of them on ignore, so dont know which prick it was

classic33

Some prick just posted…..but got a few of them on ignore, so dont know which prick it was
That would be yourself.
Nearly minutes earlier.
Screenshot_2022-09-17-23-29-26.png

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Who on here has said they block people just for disagreeing with them?
That is what you have quoted, but look at the whole sentence.
On here though we seem to have developed a situation where members are saying they block people for disagreeing with them, then justify it by saying 'oh they are a troll'.
I am saying that people justify the block by saying 'they are trolls', but really it is just because they disagree with them, or they offend their particular world view.

Then, as if by magic up pops Foodie, the man with an extensive ignore list, and says.....
And the trolls have duped you into talking about them again....

FFS, does nobody learn?

So there is your proof right there.

really it is just because they disagree with them, or they offend their particular world view.

No. For me it is because of the extraordinary bursts of abuse, not any disagreement about a political or social view. Either there’s an intention to shut down debate, or perhaps even the forum, or there’s a psychological problem which I am neither willing nor qualified to deal with.

I used the ignore function for a few days but now I read but simply don’t respond. It works for me. YMMV.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am saying that people justify the block by saying 'they are trolls', but really it is just because they disagree with them, or they offend their particular world view.

So you are a mind reader now?

Why not just admit that you cannot name anyone who has said they have blocked people because they disagreed with them, so you are now justifying that false statement by saying you know the real motives?

What you said at the end of the post ”so there is your proof right there” is not proof of anything other than you continuing to try and wriggle out of the false statement you made. FF has made it clear he thinks people should not interact with those people who have used the vilest abuse e.g. trolls. That is not the same as saying we should ignore people whose views we disagree with.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Why not just admit that you cannot name anyone who has said they have blocked because they disagreed with them,
It really is hard work with you isn't it?

That is exactly my point. Someone is accused of 'trolling' and put on ignore. So the blocker does not have to say 'I disagree with you, I am putting you on ignore'. They can say 'You are trolling, I am putting you on ignore' and the crowd all agree.

I have no-one on ignore, do you?

Top Bottom