Scandi noir....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I would rather have a parliament that more accurately reflects the views of the population (however distasteful) and where people feel their vote is of value rather the the gross distortions that fptp delivers.
But the elements on this forum that reflect other views and opinions in society you abuse and put on ignore.

You don't want a government that reflects society, you want a government that reflects the Guardian based echo chamber you like to live in. If any other elements get in you would be abusive, racist and constantly complain about women in positions of power.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
But the elements on this forum that reflect other views and opinions in society you abuse and put on ignore.

You don't want a government that reflects society, you want a government that reflects the Guardian based echo chamber you like to live in. If any other elements get in you would be abusive, racist and constantly complain about women in positions of power.

I think that most people want a government that they like to think represents their sort of person i.e. balanced, open-minded and fair....just like me and anyone else not in a clique.

It is always the ones who are not like them who cause all the problems.

Afaics it is not the differing opinions that cause the use of the ignore button, but the obvious trolling and vile personal abuse. I am not referring to you.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I think that most people want a government that they like to think represents their sort of person i.e. balanced, open-minded and fair....just like me and anyone else not in a clique.

It is always the ones who are not like them who cause all the problems.

Afaics it is not the differing opinions that cause the use of the ignore button, but the obvious trolling and vile personal abuse. I am not referring to you.
Which is fine, but if you simply abuse and put on ignore anyone who disagrees with you, you never hear those opposing viewpoints and you live in an echo-chamber.

That is what Foodie has chosen to do, and then he posts the sort of thing he did earlier saying he wants to hear from smaller parties! No he doesn't.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Which is fine, but if you simply abuse and put on ignore anyone who disagrees with you, you never hear those opposing viewpoints and you live in an echo-chamber.

That is what Foodie has chosen to do, and then he posts the sort of thing he did earlier saying he wants to hear from smaller parties! No he doesn't.

What, like @jowwy?

FWIW I have nobody on ignore, never have, never will. Obviously it's up to users how they use this forum, but mercilessly trolling it is weird and ultimately pointless.

PaulB

What, like @jowwy?

FWIW I have nobody on ignore, never have, never will. Obviously it's up to users how they use this forum, but mercilessly trolling it is weird and ultimately pointless.

Oh you should. You wouldn't want certain people on here knocking on your door would you? Some are so objectionably offensive, others so downright creepy, you wouldn't let them in your house - sorry - hoose - so why read what they put on here? It's the same thing to me.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I am not here to defend anyone, but there are insults, which are not necessarily nice but common in political discussion, and then there is vile abuse.

I think that people can be too quick to use terms such as racist against those who are not in lock-step with their views to shut down arguments.

I prefer ignoring people who imo overstep the abusive posts rather than putting them on ignore, but I will engage with them in a civilised argument.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

But you didnt know did you……what was it you said “if you know, you know”

yet you know farkall

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Oh you should. You wouldn't want certain people on here knocking on your door would you? Some are so objectionably offensive, others so downright creepy, you wouldn't let them in your house - sorry - hoose - so why read what they put on here? It's the same thing to me.
Because it is the melting pot of life.

Jowwy and the other muppet from this morning, who knows, they may be fun to go to the pub with, certainly fun to watch them bump someones arm at the bar. Those of us with wildly different political opinions may well get on just fine in the pub. On here it is just polarised and easy to get stuck straight in back to a comment.

Putting people on ignore simply limits your view of the world, especially on here where so many people share broadly the same world view. Silencing any opposition to your own view is a very fascist thing to do, look at how many dictators silence all opposing views. On here though we seem to have developed a situation where members are saying they block people for disagreeing with them, then justify it by saying 'oh they are a troll'. No, they simply hold a bit of a different view of the world.

I said it on another thread, I would happily go for a ride with anyone on here, I reckon we all have more in common to chat about over a 30 mile ride than divides us. Probably even us @PaulB

jowwy

Jowwy and the other muppet from this morning, who knows, they may be fun to go to the pub with, certainly fun to watch them bump someones arm at the bar. Those of us with wildly different political opinions may well get on just fine in the pub. On here it is just polarised and easy to get stuck straight in back to a comment.

Putting people on ignore simply limits your view of the world, especially on here where so many people share broadly the same world view. Silencing any opposition to your own view is a very fascist thing to do, look at how many dictators silence all opposing views. On here though we seem to have developed a situation where members are saying they block people for disagreeing with them, then justify it by saying 'oh they are a troll'. No, they simply hold a bit of a different view of the world.

I said it on another thread, I would happily go for a ride with anyone on here, I reckon we all have more in common to chat about over a 30 mile ride than divides us. Probably even us @PaulB

His ego is too fragile to allow others a different opinion…..its nothing new for this place though.

PaulB

Interesting - but I maintain you are wasting time getting in an arse-kicking contest with some of the worst failed humans on here. Some of them think they've won by having the last word (and I even keep some of them around!) but others clearly have mental problems verging on the criminal in some cases. They make my skin crawl so they're like seeing the Jehovah's Witnesses* or LTCs knocking on your door - don't answer it.

* Did I tell you I was once in the Jehovah's Witness Protection Programme?

albion

Guru

If there is a abuse it is the fact that the person has taken the bait or actually enjoys the 'banter'. It matters maybe not that said banter has near zero input. It might be said that ignore actions declutter that same inane banter.

jowwy

Interesting - but I maintain you are wasting time getting in an arse-kicking contest with some of the worst failed humans on here. Some of them think they've won by having the last word (and I even keep some of them around!) but others clearly have mental problems verging on the criminal in some cases. They make my skin crawl so they're like seeing the Jehovah's Witnesses* or LTCs knocking on your door - don't answer it.

* Did I tell you I was once in the Jehovah's Witness Protection Programme?

Says the guy who teaches his grand children to shout abusive language at the football……couldnt make it up could you

Top Bottom