Schofield has been a naughty boy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
So after days of speculation and innuendo in the press, he has finally admitted to having an affair with a much younger employee.
Apparently he also lied to his Agent. Who has now sacked him.

The question is, would a man having an affair with a younger female employee also attract this attention?

The power balance of a workplace affair is key and in this situation Scholfield clearly held the power.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
So after days of speculation and innuendo in the press, he has finally admitted to having an affair with a much younger employee.
Apparently he also lied to his Agent. Who has now sacked him.

The question is, would a man having an affair with a younger female employee also attract this attention?

The power balance of a workplace affair is key and in this situation Scholfield clearly held the power.

OK, it's Friday, it's the start of a Bank Holiday Weekend, and, I have had a few, but, I don't understand your question, I thought Scofield is/was a man?

BoldonLad

He is a man but he did not have an affair with a younger female employee.

@Beebo is asking if there's an element of homophobia or misogyny to the reporting of the story.

Thank you for clarifying, I haven't heard/read the story. Why should it be any different?, both are potentially abuse?

D

Deleted member 121

I used to love Schofield. I would wake up and make sure i watched him on TV. It was never a good day when he wasn't on TV. He brightened up my day and i have evidence to prove that the best start to the day wasn't with a good breakfast, but with at least 10 minutes on the couch with Phil...

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think his leaving is a combination of a few things, not just the age difference. They met when the young man was under 16, he lied to his agent and his employer (as I understand it), and to the Mail when they first covered the story. I think he made his own position on the show untenable once everything came to light.

I think the situation would be the same if it was a straight male presenter on that kind of show and a much younger female employee. His public persona probably played a part. Other celebrities who weren't family favourites might have been able to brazen it out.

Edit: ...by which I mean several rock stars have weathered allegations about their conduct, both at the time and historic eg Bill Wyman, and Steven Tyler, and it took years of Harvey Weinstein's behaviour being an apparent open secret before he was brought to book. Might have been different if they sat on a sofa in a cheery jumper to entertain the nation every morning.

Gordon the Gopher was trending on Twitter earlier.

Last edited:

Mr Celine

View: https://twitter.com/kaihumphries/status/1661431051166646287

TLDW? Leave your wife for a 16 year old girl, career over. Leave your wife and come out as gay - carry on, how brave of you, even if he's only 16 and you've been grooming him for years.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I think we knew most of it but it coming out about the lying to his employers, agent, and the press bit was his ultimate downfall really. People were quite sympathetic earlier on before the full story came out and even then he seemed to be managing the narrative until this week. I'm not comparing Schofield to Saville and Harris in any way but it would have been nice if the press and TV bosses back then were prepared to be as thorough and dirt digging over those two as they are over celebrities today.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

I used to love Schofield. I would wake up and make sure i watched him on TV. It was never a good day when he wasn't on TV. He brightened up my day and i have evidence to prove that the best start to the day wasn't with a good breakfast, but with at least 10 minutes on the couch with Phil...

I gave you a "laugh" I assume it was a joke?, if not, my apologies and deepest sympathy

Top Bottom