Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Is that the only one you have? Out of a whole continent? I didn't ignore it. Someone else pointed out that the article itself debunked the premise, so I didn't see the point on piling on.

And yet, British schools that have adopted strict uniform policies, alongside RTL behaviour systems are reporting massively improved results, lower rates of bullying, increased attendance, far fewer behaviour incidents and happier staff and students.

From the digging I've done this seems to be reflected in Ofsted reports.

Obviously the schools (and ofsted) are lying, and you know better.

And yet, British schools that have adopted strict uniform policies, alongside RTL behaviour systems are reporting massively improved results, lower rates of bullying, increased attendance, far fewer behaviour incidents and happier staff and students.

My local hospital installed a new MRI scanner and painted the waiting room green. Which intervention will be shown to have improved diagnoses?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
SEND is entirely different. A Special Educational need is not a 'Disability'.
SEND is specifically inclusive of disabilities. SEN and SEND are used interchangeably, with little problem.
No they aren't. SEN has been pretty much discontinued in schools as SENDCOs are responsible for ensuring that the needs of all children are met including the ones with disabilities.
TAs are very often part of the SEN department, because they are there not to provide generic assistance to every pupil, but specifically those with SEN.
No. SEND TAs are part of the SEND department.
Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with reading, writing and learning activities. They might, for example look after the needs of the class whilst the teacher works with a small group that need extra input. They have no responsibility for SEN provision.
https://nationalcareers.service.gov... and,reading, writing and learning activities.

I'm amazed at the confidence with which you speak, given the bollocks that comes out of your mouth. You know a few buzzwords. But that is about it.
Again, I bow to your superior knowledge of bollocks.

multitool

Pharaoh
My local hospital installed a new MRI scanner and painted the waiting room green. Which intervention will be shown to have improved diagnoses?

Again, fatuous.

As I've spelt out ad nauseum, now backed up with further reading, the binary uniform policies are part of the behaviour system, designed to avoid arguments and nuance about what is acceptable.

I don't have a problem with students being encouraged to take pride in their appearance. You and a few others seem to have some sort of unformed notion that it is incipient fascism.

Again, is it the case that all the senior, experienced leaders instituting these systems are in fact idiots, and you know better?

Or is there just the small possibility that they may have researched such a drastic change because they have seen succesful models.

To be honest, the arrogance of some of you is quite incredible.

designed to avoid arguments and nuance
And that’s supposed to be a good thing, is it?

I don't have a problem with students being encouraged to take pride in their appearance.
Conformity isn’t necessarily pride, it’s possibly the opposite.

Again, is it the case that all the senior, experienced leaders instituting these systems are in fact idiots
Are all teachers of one mind on this? No, not in my experience.

To be honest, the arrogance of some of you is quite incredible.
Too funny.

multitool

Pharaoh
No they aren't. SEN has been pretty much discontinued in schools as SENDCOs are responsible for ensuring that the needs of all children are met including the ones with disabilities.

What? You are totally full of shît :laugh:

SENCOs are in charge of overseeing SEN provision. SENDCO might be in use but, as I said, it is pretty much interchangeable. Acronyms change. When I was at school it was called REM. Then it became 'special needs'.

I've just googled "High school SEN department" and got link after link of high schools talking about their SEN departments.

Maybe you should get in touch with them to tell them they are wrong :laugh:
No. SEND TAs are part of the SEND department.
Teaching assistants support teachers and help children with reading, writing and learning activities. They might, for example look after the needs of the class whilst the teacher works with a small group that need extra input. They have no responsibility for SEN provision.
https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/job-profiles/teaching-assistant#:~:text=Teaching assistants support teachers and,reading, writing and learning activities.

Yes, and predominantly helping students with identified needs. They aren't just general classroom assistants who waft about helping random students. Why not? Because school funding doesn't allow it.

Last edited:

multitool

Pharaoh
And that’s supposed to be a good thing, is it?

Yes. Have you met any teenagers, newf? They will take any grey area they can find and exploit it and argue the toss.

I'm not sure why you think that is a good use of teachers' time and energy when they should spend it teaching.

And it won't do to say 'well, just abolish uniform then', because eventually somebody will rock up in a thong. What then?
Conformity isn’t necessarily pride, it’s possibly the opposite.

We conform in all sorts of ways for all sorts of reasons. Or are you going to reveal that you don't obey laws because its 'conformity'?

Are all teachers of one mind on this? No, not in my experience.

I doubt they are. But, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the teachers who have been in failing schools with a breakdown of control (yes...control) that have subsequently been 'turned around', will be. Which is, of course, why it happens.

Too funny.

As I said. You know better, and the senior leadership who institute these systems in the full knowledge that they will get enormous pushback from students and parents, until they adapt, are idiots.

multitool

Pharaoh
Yes. This is normal teenage behaviour that should be nurtured and trained, not stamped out.

You know better, clearly, than the people who spend their actual lives nurturing and training teenagers.

Top Bottom