Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A child is not doomed to failure just because they go to a state school. Yes some are bad, or some are't bad but the child does badly there. There is the option to move if spaces allow.
What are you talking about? they litterly sleep in front of schools to get a place, how are you then talking about a option you already said is likely not there.
There is always the option to close down one of the bussineses and go for home education. in this country that is.

ok I agree, but state schools are becoming increasingly better at dealing with additional needs. My partner's son is autistic and had a lot of support from his final school (he moved twice), he left with no GCSEs but that wasn't the schools fault, he ripped up an exam papaer wand walked out of a few, and failed to attend the rest, but that was down to other issues. he was given his own room to take the exams
Getting better and left with no GCSE's due to the schools fault... something doesn't add up.
Also when talking about education do you want ''getting better'' or ''the best possible'' ?

Lol. Not even all the wealthy parents would feel sympathy for each other :laugh:
Nothing new, i live close to three schools and every afternoon it's my range rover first or my bmw is bigger than yours, But my Mercedes makes the day, i will park in your way.

So really doesn't surprise me that they have no sympathy on other topics.

lazybloke

Regular
What are you talking about? they litterly sleep in front of schools to get a place,
Are you confusing the schools application process with the queue for tickets at Wimbledon tennis?

You don't apply to individual state schools, there is a wider application process run by the local authority that lets you state your preference from a list of local schools.
Places are allocated accordingly, although of course priority is given to pupils with certain criteria (children in care, children with EHCPs, children with siblings already at the school, children living in the catchment area, etc), so there's no guarantee of 1st choice.

But at no point do you have to queue outside a school.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
It's a bit blunt, I agree, but 7% of kids go to private school and only 6% say they'd feel 'a lot' of sympathy if they had to pay VAT
But only 6% of who? Respondents? Was this a poll solely of parents? It doesn't suggest that it is.

Are you confusing the schools application process with the queue for tickets at Wimbledon tennis?

You don't apply to individual state schools, there is a wider application process run by the local authority that lets you state your preference from a list of local schools.
Places are allocated accordingly, although of course priority is given to pupils with certain criteria (children in care, children with EHCPs, children with siblings already at the school, children living in the catchment area, etc), so there's no guarantee of 1st choice.

But at no point do you have to queue outside a school.
I don't know, but i see the headlines every year that some parent are sleeping in front of a school in order to get an place in that particular school.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I don't know what, if any, conclusions we can draw from it, and wouldn't want to cross threads, but it seems uniform policy is pretty strictly adhered to in Hamas training camps:

5adc13c37ecfa6bc0fa6e05f6d8a57ce46d8e5ea.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
I don't know, but i see the headlines every year that some parent are sleeping in front of a school in order to get an place in that particular school.
Any chance of an example of one? As you have been told, it would be utterly pointless to do so. You don't queue outside a school to get a place at a school. It's not a possibility.

lazybloke

Regular
Pre-school childcare places maybe?

If any school was so antiquated as to operate a physical queue, I'd not want to apply!
Have a look and see if you can find any headlines - would be interesting to know details.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member

For what it's worth, to get my children into my chosen primary school all I had to do was fill in a form and attend church for 4 years. For secondary you fill in a form with first, second and third choices (state school) or do an exam (private school) or do an exam (selective state school). No queuing.

D

Deleted member 49

For what it's worth, to get my children into my chosen primary school all I had to do was fill in a form and attend church for 4 years. For secondary you fill in a form with first, second and third choices (state school) or do an exam (private school) or do an exam (selective state school). No queuing.
For primary I had to go and visit a Priest with my partner.We put 50 quid in a envelope,son wasn't christened so the priest would push it forward for 50 quid....I think I might of promised to go to church but that never happened,oh the guilt!
It worked anyway 😁

Top Bottom