Schooliform

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£50 rather than attending church for four years. You got a better deal than @icowden.

Well, £50 plus eternal damnation for lying to a priest tbf.

D

Deleted member 49

£50 rather than attending church for four years. You got a better deal than @icowden.
I've just spend four days in Italy being dragged into every Church going....and every time we came out it would be "fecking Catholic church and there wealth" !
All in the name of love....and a bike race and too many Negronis 🙄

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I've just spend four days in Italy being dragged into every Church going....and every time we came out it would be "fecking Catholic church and there wealth" !
All in the name of love....and a bike race and too many Negronis 🙄

My wife is not happy that I won't go in to the churches in Italy with her for the same reason as you complain to yours about them.

Went to Rome many years ago and went to the Vatican. Came out and said never again. Awful show of excess.

D

Deleted member 49

My wife is not happy that I won't go in to the churches in Italy with her for the same reason as you complain to yours about them.

Went to Rome many years ago and went to the Vatican. Came out and said never again. Awful show of excess.
To be fair I did make her wait 2 hours up Col Aperto just to get a glimpse of Pogacar 😂
IMG-20231007-WA0008.jpg

Ok no more holiday snaps I promise !

lazybloke

Regular

I'm not a believer but I like lots of ecclesiastical architecture.

Sure I'm bothered by the show of excess, but that's also the attraction!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

As in most things, one man's meat is another man's poison.

In cycling terms, I hate the look of Bromptons. I gather one or two like them.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

There's a certain peaceful quality you seem to get in cathedrals which I've never experienced anywhere else.

multitool

For primary I had to go and visit a Priest with my partner.We put 50 quid in a envelope,son wasn't christened so the priest would push it forward for 50 quid....I think I might of promised to go to church but that never happened,oh the guilt!
It worked anyway 😁

And yet you bang on about truth and demand moral purity in others...

:whistle:

Hypocrite.

I love religious architecture. Mosques, churches, Buddhist or Hindu temples, standing stones even. They do have a special atmosphere and there's a lot to admire in the human skill and endeavour of both their construction and decoration. Shame Henry the 8th revamped so many of the English ones with the equivalent of two coats of magnolia emulsion.

Top Bottom