Seemingly trivial things that elicit an emotional response of some kind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Timewaster
That's a tricksy question.

Trust you to muscles in!
 

Beebo

Legendary Member
I bought a bar of Cadbury chocolate yesterday, haven’t eaten an actual bar of chocolate for years.
It is absolutely not the same stuff I had as a child. The taste is now synthetic and no longer creamy. The squares are no longer the same shape, the chocolate is soft and doesn’t snap.
What ever the owners have done it’s ruined what was a quality product.
 

briantrumpet

Timewaster
I bought a bar of Cadbury chocolate yesterday, haven’t eaten an actual bar of chocolate for years.
It is absolutely not the same stuff I had as a child. The taste is now synthetic and no longer creamy. The squares are no longer the same shape, the chocolate is soft and doesn’t snap.
What ever the owners have done it’s ruined what was a quality product.

I suspect it's going the way of Hersheys, and will eventually taste of vomit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

Pblakeney

Shaman
I bought a bar of Cadbury chocolate yesterday, haven’t eaten an actual bar of chocolate for years.
It is absolutely not the same stuff I had as a child. The taste is now synthetic and no longer creamy. The squares are no longer the same shape, the chocolate is soft and doesn’t snap.
What ever the owners have done it’s ruined what was a quality product.

Check the ingredients.
I doubt you'll remember the old ingredients but I think you'll be surprised at the current ones.
 

icowden

Pharaoh
Mondelez say that the core recipe for dairy milk has not changed. It's thought that the perception of taste change is down to the change in shape.

Other Cadbury products HAVE had a recipe change. For example the chocolate used for creme eggs is no longer dairy milk but a cheaper recipe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

Psamathe

Squire
Something annoys me: Often when you buy a pair of optical glasses you don't get a case. Maybe worse for reading glasses - how are you meant to carry them around?

And on the occasions you do the case you get is way way oversized as the company has "reduced costs" by manufacturing only one case big enough for the largest of their range.
 

Pblakeney

Shaman
Mondelez say that the core recipe for dairy milk has not changed. It's thought that the perception of taste change is down to the change in shape.

Other Cadbury products HAVE had a recipe change. For example the chocolate used for creme eggs is no longer dairy milk but a cheaper recipe.

I'm going to be pedantic again, core recipe?
Reads like someone is playing with words.
 

Ian H

Pharaoh
Something annoys me: Often when you buy a pair of optical glasses you don't get a case. Maybe worse for reading glasses - how are you meant to carry them around?

And on the occasions you do the case you get is way way oversized as the company has "reduced costs" by manufacturing only one case big enough for the largest of their range.

I have a spectacular number of cases.
 
Top Bottom