Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Crofted Crest

@Adam4868, you've just got to accept, as Mults says, that there is no money to create a better society. Tory policies to destroy the country have cost over £540 billion since 2009, that's half a trillion in loose change. And that's without the corona billions given to Tory cronies and the 360 million a week for the NHS. There simply is no money, suck it up, and there wasn't any before the Tories farked us all.

D

Deleted member 49

@Adam4868, you've just got to accept, as Mults says, that there is no money to create a better society. Tory policies to destroy the country have cost over £540 billion since 2009, that's half a trillion in loose change. And that's without the corona billions given to Tory cronies and the 360 million a week for the NHS. There simply is no money, suck it up, and there wasn't any before the Tories farked us all.
Nah feck that...there's allways money.Its just it never gets filtered down.I don't for one minute accept that.There profiteering at our expense.

View: https://twitter.com/UniteSharon/status/1658507097393250304?t=W5TAyD9MdEgdd0C1iLeoNw&s=19

multitool

Do you think there is free money available for everything you want and it never has to be paid back?

Or do you think there are economic consequences?

(We'll get onto political choices after)

multitool

I'm still right BobNob.

I'd didn't say there was no money to build a better society, nor did I say (as you said I did) that state budget management is the same as household financial management.

I get that you are a troll and a prïck, but I'm slightly offended at you thinking that your incredibly crap trollfu is good enough. It's beginner level.

Which leads me onto this:

Liz Truss did. 300 billion of it. In one day.

Which is Croft stealing my next point. A government can make huge uncosted promises, but as Truss found out there are consequences in the markets.

Now we can talk about political decisions, and Tory mates getting huge bungs of public money is only part of the discussion.It is not the only discussion.

I've laid out I'm earlier posts the likely effects of rampant short-term public spending being reflected in inflation and more expensive public borrowing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Do you think there is free money available for everything you want and it never has to be paid back?

Or do you think there are economic consequences?

(We'll get onto political choices after)
Bit like in 2010 when the press got the Tories elected by telling us we were bankrupt/skint because of the Banks/Labour.Austerity was a political choice or smokescreen to make you accept that you can't have public services that actually work for you're benefit.Too expensive whilst shareholders cream it in !
We don't have money for this or for that but we've got it Wars,Covid apps and PPE scams....fecking hell we've even got in for a Coronation !
The consequences are were all going to suffer again to pay it back whilst the rich get richer....and you think I'm really going say ok I'll suck that up.

Reactions: C R

Wobblers

I can take or leave the Teacakes - marshmallow is not my thing. The chewiness of the Caramel Wafers has something going for it, though.

I have to admit to having something of an addiction to Tunnocks Teacakes - I'm perfectly capable of finishing an entire packet off in an afternoon - and that's the large size packet we're talking about.

Caramel wafers? Caramel logs? Oh yes! I've got both in the cupboard as we speak. Perhaps, then, you can imagine my alarm on reading the news that Tunnocks donates to the Tories. Well, I suppose I was already planning on making my diet a little more healthy. Sigh...

Caramel wafers?

Aldi has a methadone option if you suffer from withdrawal symptoms.
IMG_3547.jpeg

Top Bottom