Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Well, why doesn’t Government win votes by doubling benefits, public sector pay, and, paying everyone (say) over 18 a “National Income” of say £10k per annum?

That would increase their popularity.

Not among those who thought it meant tne undeserving getting something for nothing.

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not among those who thought it meant tne undeserving getting something for nothing.

It doesn’t need 100% support, just enough support to win the election.

Plus, I didn’t say I agreed, I am waiting for a rational explanation of how Government (any Government) can spend unlimited
amounts of money, without adverse consequences.

To quote PE, so fat, came there none.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

I am waiting for a rational explanation of how Government (any Government) can spend unlimited
amounts of money, without adverse consequences.
They can't. But the economics of running an economy is a lot different from managing the housekeeping money (despite what Tool and Mrs T would have us believe).

Reactions: C R
I am waiting for a rational explanation of how Government (any Government) can spend unlimited amounts of money, without adverse consequences.
Who has suggested this? If the answer is nobody except you, your wait may be in vain.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Who has suggested this? If the answer is nobody except you, your wait may be in vain.

Well the "they found plenty y of money during Covid" line has been advanced. I don't doubt that "money can be found" for any pet project that a given Government wants to pursue, but, I was rather waiting for any explanation of how this can be done without adverse consequences (eg typical of most South American Countries, much of Africa etc).

I am quite willing to stand up and say "I am ignorant of Economic Theory and/or Practice", it appears to me that Economics is most definitely not a science, and, most, if not all, Economists are charlatans. I could be wrong ;)

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well if you got it, why did you post what you did?

What great insight did I fail to spot?

I'm sorry, are you the posting police?

multitool

I'm sorry, are you the posting police?

You posted: " a war? get over yourself" with a direct quote from me.

So, presumably you intended me to see it? As it was a criticism, you'd expect a response, no?

Now you are claiming you knew all along that my OP was tongue in cheek, in which case I don't know what you meant by it, and I've asked for clarification.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You posted: " a war? get over yourself" with a direct quote from me.

So, presumably you intended me to see it? As it was a criticism, you'd expect a response, no?

Now you are claiming you knew all along that my OP was tongue in cheek, in which case I don't know what you meant by it, and I've asked for clarification.

You posted something tongue in cheek, with your usual flair for the dramatic.

I was taking the proverbial out of you.

HTH.

Top Bottom