Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

FFS, keep the two children limit, now keep the barges for refugees, what next, bring back hanging?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d-for-asylum-seekers-under-labour-says-cooper
Still got some mugs left over from last time to flog ?
Screenshot_20230717-183442-707.png

D

Deleted member 49

Plenty of labour voters will agree with Starmer. Plus most disillusioned conservatives.
Lol....have you a rough idea what Labour is meant to stand for ?

Lol....have you a rough idea what Labour is meant to stand for ?

That's my issue. They should be making a positive case to remove both the two child limit and the overall benefit cap. There should also be regular, no longer then annual, revalorisation of Local Housing Allowance. The latter might need to be moderated with action to provide at least light touch rent regulation.

D

Deleted member 49

First and foremost being in a position to enact change.

It might not be every change you want, but that is because you hold an idealised rather than a pragmatic view of how politics functions.
Like feck I do....you think wanting basic things like bringing kids out of poverty isn't the very least Labour should be aiming for...I mean I know you keep coming back to the dreary there's no money 🙄 Were a rich country,this is the very least we should be aiming for.
Not one shadow cabinet member opposed Starmer's plan to keep the 2-child benefit cap...it's piss poor.

Last edited by a moderator:

albion

Guru
The unions gave us Ed Milliband followed by Jeremy Corbyn.

It is how we ended up with Starmer. Whilst Ed was sort of affable, getting away from more red flagged offerings was critical.

multitool

Like feck I do....you think wanting basic things like bringing kids out of poverty isn't the very least Labour should be aiming for...I mean I know you keep coming back to the dreary there's no money 🙄 Were a rich country,this is the very least we should be aiming for.
Not one shadow cabinet member opposed Starmer's plan to keep the 2-child benefit cap...it's piss poor.

https://labour.org.uk/stronger-together/a-fairer-greener-future/families-first/

There's loads of stuff in there about child poverty. You are doing your headless chicken thing again.

D

Deleted member 49

The unions gave us Ed Milliband followed by Jeremy Corbyn.

It is how we ended up with Starmer. Whilst Ed was sort of affable, getting away from more red flagged offerings was critical.
What are these red flag offerings ? Just curious.

Top Bottom