Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Who needs Russians when we have Adam.

Surely Corbyn can find a gang of 4 to form a new party?
I am being revisionist.
I can never tell when you're serious 🤣

multitool

Adam's biggest idiocy is to think that a different result can be achieved by doing the same thing that failed before.

Actually, no its not. Its not realising that in order to enact change you have to be at the table. Not on the outside trying to pìss in.

Actually no, it's failing to realise this AND hoping the same tactic will get a different result.

Actually, no, it's both those things AND being so thick as to do the Tories work for them.

D

Deleted member 49

Adam's biggest idiocy is to think that a different result can be achieved by doing the same thing that failed before.

Actually, no its not. Its not realising that in order to enact change you have to be at the table. Not on the outside trying to pìss in.

Actually no, it's failing to realise this AND hoping the same tactic will get a different result.

Actually, no, it's both those things AND being so thick as to do the Tories work for them.
Lol...had a hard day Hun....
So let me get this right....it's ok to complain about the problems the country is facing, it's ok to hope some of those problems will get better, it's just not ok to do or should I say want to do any of the things necessary to fix the problems.Such as spend money and invest.
Fiscal rules and not upsetting the right wing press right ?

The weird thing is, everybody I know regards me as a raging lefty,
Don't you just love it when people call you thick 🤣

multitool

Lol...had a hard day Hun....
So let me get this right....it's ok to complain about the problems the country is facing, it's ok to hope some of those problems will get better, it's just not ok to do or should I say want to do any of the things necessary to fix the problems.Such as spend money and invest.
Fiscal rules and not upsetting the right wing press right ?

Still not getting it.

Don't you just love it when people call you thick 🤣

Don't be thick then

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I am sure that Adam knows all that but I think he has not seen any sign from Starmer that he is actually going to change much at all. There has been that recent statement about strike laws but otherwise it seems to be "Trust me. Because I don't trust the electorate to understand I have to stay schtum about exactly how at this stage but we will be nicer than the Tories and change things...eventually".

Because I want the Tories out I am prepared to give Starmer the benefit of the doubt and hope that once he has won the next election (make that an if) he will change like that mild Clark Kent into a Labour Superleader and wear his people's flag red pants on the outside of his blue kit, but will also be somewhat disappointed if he does this by winning the election through lying about his beliefs to fool the electorate.

D

Deleted member 49

I am sure that Adam knows all that but I think he has not seen any sign from Starmer that he is actually going to change much at all. There has been that recent statement about strike laws but otherwise it seems to be "Trust me. Because I don't trust the electorate to understand I have to stay schtum about exactly how at this stage but we will be nicer than the Tories and change things...eventually".

Because I want the Tories out I am prepared to give Starmer the benefit of the doubt and hope that once he has won the next election (make that an if) he will change like that mild Clark Kent into a Labour Superleader and wear his people's flag red pants on the outside of his blue kit, but will also be somewhat disappointed if he does this by winning the election through lying about his beliefs to fool the electorate.
Thick tw@t !

albion

Guru
Starmer simply does not have the skill of Blair so maybe the current methodology is a means to a good end.

One thing for sure. He is dragging the party away from the traditional labour far left.

multitool

Starmer simply does not have the skill of Blair so maybe the current methodology is a means to a good end.

I agree

One thing for sure. He is dragging the party away from the traditional labour far left.

Is it traditional? The only time the party has been elected is when it hasn't been far left. I don't even think k Corbyn was particularly far left...I just think he was a dick who, deep down, didn't want to win power because he knew he'd be found out.

Jumping up on a stage, telling people what they want to hear (however fanciful) and in return have them chant your name was far more appealing than actually being held to account.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Top Bottom