Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
The fact is if Starmer comes out and expresses the need for ceasefire it will make no difference to whether a ceasefire happens, but it will open up calls for him to explain how Israel can defend itself if it cannot do so militarily.

Yes I have to do my job sometimes and it sucks but that's life.

C R

Über Member
You'll note that I didn't say Starmer was supporting genocide, I observed that he might be factoring it into his 'calculated decisions'. As it happens I take the position that failing to call for a ceasefire to be support of current Israeli actions. If we're talking about international law then I can't say it's definitely genocide as that has a specific legal definition and also as I linked above, it's debatable whether the right to self defence applies here. If Israel doesn't recognise Palestine as an independent state and Hamas as its legitimate government (and I'm not suggesting that anybody should) then what it's fighting is not a defensive war against an aggressive neighbour, but a counter terrorism operation or counter insurgency.

But back to Starmer, I am now less likely to vote Labour than I was a month ago. Do you think he's factored that into his calculations?

According to the article I quoted we are just fleas being shaken off.

winjim

According to the article I quoted we are just fleas being shaken off.

IMG_jf7iny.jpg

winjim

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: C R

multitool

It won't. I suspect whatever Starmer is or isn't saying about Gaza is not first and foremost on people's minds.

(except Corbynites)

Top Bottom