Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member

Oh, come on, you can't be asking for peace, where are the profits of the weapons companies going to come from?

What is Labour's "grassroots"?

Does Labour have any? Starmer kicked them all out of the party because they may upset the Daily Mail.

multitool

Does Labour have any? Starmer kicked them all out of the party because they may upset the Daily Mail.

He kicked out the rump of Momentum Corbynites who trashed the party. The party has gone from suffering the biggest defeat in 75 years to being 20+ points ahead in polls.

But who are the "grassroots"? It isn't a static thing. I was a Labour member until the Corbyn farce. I may rejoin again, or I may not.

He kicked out the rump of Momentum Corbynites who trashed the party. The party has gone from suffering the biggest defeat in 75 years to being 20+ points ahead in polls.

But who are the "grassroots"? It isn't a static thing. I was a Labour member until the Corbyn farce. I may rejoin again, or I may not.

Did they trash the party or where they kicked out because the establishment didn't want them. You cannot have someone giving hope to working people in the country, can we?

Let's just undermine him daily (as admitted by Peter Mandleson on camera to Robert Peston) and get Boris Johnson. Eighty seat majority and 200,000 dead from Covid and the most dysfunctional government ever known.

The Labour Right must be so proud.

I was referring to the ridiculous furore over Starmer's LBC interview.

How was it ridiculous?

He was asked if Israel blocking food, fuel, water and medicine to Gaza constitutes a war crime. He failed to call it a war crime, which it is under the Geneva Convention (Colllective Punishement) and, as a former human rights lawyer, he should know that.

People were right to be astonished at that.

Reactions: C R

multitool

How was it ridiculous?

He was asked if Israel blocking food, fuel, water and medicine to Gaza constitutes a war crime. He failed to call it a war crime, which it is under the Geneva Convention (Colllective Punishement) and, as a former human rights lawyer, he should know that.

People were right to be astonished at that.

As I said from the start it is very clear that he was being pressed over it and his answer was confused with the central message he was trying to get out about Israel"'s right to defend itself.

If you look to all the other interviews before and after the LBC one he did not say Israel had the right to turn off water and power, and nor did any of his front bench, despite what has been claimed by headless chickens on twitter and Andy.

If it was his view he would have repeated it.

Top Bottom