Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
A real Labour leader would of been leading the calls to stop this massacre...not waiting in the slipstream of Cameron and Sunak.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-in-calling-for-sustainable-ceasefire-in-gaza

No, silly! Meekly nodding & clapping along to every Tory comment, statement or position is the New Opposition.

As any Tool kno.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Let's see if Adam can work out why thus is an indication of why Starmer's strategy has been a resounding success... :laugh:

View attachment 5262

It means Starmer's got this quote printed out and blu-tacked onto his office filing cabinet but has completely misinterpreted it.

1702983203592.png

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Wes Streeting:....
"Every penny we put into the NHS comes at the expense of other worthy causes, whether child poverty reduction, spending in schools"
Under Labour you can have a well funded NHS or you can lift kids out of poverty, but you can't have both.
Meanwhile ...
"British Gas reported record profits of £969m for the first six months of 2023, up almost 900% from the same period of 2022.
French state-owned EDF trebled its UK profits."

Yes, we should take over the Energy Companies, run them as “not for profit” enterprises, follow the lead of Nottingham Council and their Robin Hood Energy, that went sooo well.

D

Deleted member 49

Yes, we should take over the Energy Companies, run them as “not for profit” enterprises, follow the lead of Nottingham Council and their Robin Hood Energy, that went sooo well.
Shareholders have taken billions in profits and then this...
"The energy price cap is set to be lifted to help suppliers recover a record £3bn of bad debt accrued through unpaid gas and electricity bills, the industry regulator has announced"

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
If the best the Tory attack press can do is dig up some weird nonsense about a dog from years ago you know Starmers tactic is working.

(cue drivel about Labour being indistinguishable from Tories)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Shareholders have taken billions in profits and then this...
"The energy price cap is set to be lifted to help suppliers recover a record £3bn of bad debt accrued through unpaid gas and electricity bills, the industry regulator has announced"

Like I said Robin Hood Energy, that will show those pesky shareholders

winjim

If the best the Tory attack press can do is dig up some weird nonsense about a dog from years ago you know Starmers tactic is working.

(cue drivel about Labour being indistinguishable from Tories)

That depends on the desired outcome and what he considers to be acceptable compromise.

Reactions: C R

bobzmyunkle

German dogs innit. Forrin. When I was a kid folks were happy to have an Alsatian.

multitool

Pharaoh
That depends on the desired outcome and what he considers to be acceptable compromise.

The desired outcome is to not leave any massive open goals.

If he pisses off a handful of Corbynites in the process and they leave the party, it's a bonus :smile:

winjim

The desired outcome is to not leave any massive open goals.

If he pisses off a handful of Corbynites in the process and they leave the party, it's a bonus :smile:

Really? Seems quite a narrow objective. I'd like the opportunity to vote for a politician whose desired outcome is a better, fairer, more prosperous society run for the benefit of all. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

multitool

Pharaoh
Really? Seems quite a narrow objective. I'd like the opportunity to vote for a politician whose desired outcome is a better, fairer, more prosperous society run for the benefit of all. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

Really? Because earlier you were saying you wouldn't vote for Labour because you didn't like Streeting setting some trolls straight

multitool

Pharaoh
Yes, you'd know about trolling.

I don't think you remember what you post. Or, alternatively, are not able to maintain a thread of conversation.

Either way, it's getting tedious. Given that you never say anything that I find remotely thought-provoking, interesting or funny, and you manage to fail to do this with a smug air, I'm going to spare you from my trolling by popping you on ignore.

Ciao.

Top Bottom