Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Really? I know quite a number of inept people, who I like, I just would not ask them to do any kind of practical task.

Yep. Needlessly negative for me, so I'll use it for people I don't like, but not those I do.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Pretty daft thing to say in the circumstances. You'd think politicians would have learned that everything they say is under a microscope by now, but apparently not.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
The Holocaust Memorial Trust's motto is 'Learning from Genocide - for a better future'. Osamor's Tweet was literally the lead copy from their website, with Gaza added at the end of the list. Would seem a bit of an oversight not to mention the ongoing genocide and the one we can actually stop. Anyway, she apologized, Tweeted the Officially Permitted Rewrite, and got suspended anyway. The main thing we apparently haven't learned from the Corbyn years is not to keep falling for the same trick. There's a weird disconnect between this thread and the Palestine one - over the road you can recognise what's happening, and no one except a couple of c**ts, a crank, and a brain-melted libfem really disagrees, whilst here you're urged to vote for an opposition that has willingly degraded itself to the status of a stooge for the Board of Deputies.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Here you go - I'll put this in this thread to try and join the dots...

View: https://twitter.com/chakrabortty/status/1751656263694299512?t=Ef_pv1o71L7duhrmAe31pA&s=19

Leaving aside your childish rant at the end, it was ill advised of her to add Gaza. It's not yet officially recognised as a genocide - by the Holocaust Memorial Trust or anyone else as far as I know. It made it look like an insensitive appropriation of a day that most of us associate most obviously with the Nazi persecution of Jews.

I don't agree with the suspension though. If Starmer was displeased a quiet word would have sufficed. There's too much suspending of MP's and party members, in all parties, for things which are really questions of conscience.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Pic for Bolders or other non-Tweeps.

Screenshot_20240129-113514-786.png

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It's not yet officially recognised as a genocide

It's recognised as a genocide by literally anyone with half a brain and an internet connection who hasn't hitched their wagon to the interests of Israel. The official bit is important, of course, because ordinary people understanding what is happening is not enough to stop it.

She said she didn't like it, but she'd have to go along with it.
I'm not a member of the Labour Party so I'm not 'going along with it', or doing anything else about it really, other than expressing a personal opinion about the over use of suspensions. Not sure why you think I should be actively doing anything about decisions in a party I don't belong to.

It's recognised as a genocide by literally anyone with half a brain and an internet connection who hasn't hitched their wagon to the interests of Israel. The official bit is important, of course, because ordinary people understanding what is happening is not enough to stop it.

Is it? I think genocide is a word you wouldn't want to use lightly. Perhaps it will be looked at as genocide in the future. I'm not prepared to accept it as a description based on your views though, as you seem to have done what you claim of others and hitched your wagon solely to the interests of one group.

Would you consider the events of October 7th to be an attempt at genocide?

It doesn't require the on going situation in Gaza to be labelled as a genocide for something to be done about it btw.

Top Bottom