Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You didn't watch the video did you?

There's no way you watched a 25 min video in less than 3 mins.

So why don't you watch it and then comment? Or are you trolling like you do on almost every other thread on this forum?

multitool

Shaman
You didn't watch the video did you?

There's no way you watched a 25 min video in less than 3 mins.

So why don't you watch it and then comment? Or are you trolling like you do on almost every other thread on this forum?

I didn't say I'd watched the video, I said the author is a bitter Corbynite. Which he is.

As for trolling on "almost every other thread", I only post on two or three threads you absolute helmet.

multitool

Shaman
OK two things.

Earlier I listened to Rachel Reeve's Mair lecture. For the life of me it sounded like a total repudiation of Thatcherism.

Secondly, I've just been reviewing some new data on poverty.

4.3 million children in relative poverty - the highest ever 3.6 million children in absolute poverty - up 300k 2.2 million children living in "food insecure" households 820k children living in households that use foodbanks

The problem facing the incoming government is immense. I don't think you can spend your way out of this one. It's not systemic. It is hard baked in the fabric of the UK.

Sure, tax the wealthy, but how are you going to do that and attract the inward investment that would provide decent jobs and supply tax-paying earners?

If there were easy answers to this the Tories would have taken them because above all what they want is to be in power.

Another day and another Starmer pledge bites the dust.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...-labour-drops-pledge-renegotiate-brexit-deal/

This part is just extraordinary in light of the UK having such a f%cked economy -

Labour frontbencher Nick Thomas-Symonds insisted that 2026 would still be an opportunity to improve the Brexit deal, but added that any changes would “be – firmly – within Labour’s red lines of no return to the Single Market, Customs Union or Freedom of Movement”.

Is he formulating policy on the whims of the thick racist gammons in the red wall? It looks like it. Poll after poll have stated that the majority of people want back in to the single market and the customs union. Why do English politicians, as well as the thick racists mentioned, have such an issue with furriners? Not rejoining doesn't make any economic sense whatsoever.

Starmer's a f*cking wimp. He's not the leader that the UK desperately needs right now. Not someone who drops pledges, sometimes within days, because someone shouts at him.

Why are Liebour trying to out Tory the Tories?

I think Herr Starmer is just going to continue managing the UK's decline, just better than the current bunch of shysters.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
Another day and another Starmer pledge bites the dust.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...-labour-drops-pledge-renegotiate-brexit-deal/

This part is just extraordinary in light of the UK having such a f%cked economy -

Labour frontbencher Nick Thomas-Symonds insisted that 2026 would still be an opportunity to improve the Brexit deal, but added that any changes would “be – firmly – within Labour’s red lines of no return to the Single Market, Customs Union or Freedom of Movement”.

Is he formulating policy on the whims of the thick racist gammons in the red wall? It looks like it. Poll after poll have stated that the majority of people want back in to the single market and the customs union. Why do English politicians, as well as the thick racists mentioned, have such an issue with furriners? Not rejoining doesn't make any economic sense whatsoever.

Starmer's a f*cking wimp. He's not the leader that the UK desperately needs right now. Not someone who drops pledges, sometimes within days, because someone shouts at him.

Why are Liebour trying to out Tory the Tories?

I think Herr Starmer is just going to continue managing the UK's decline, just better than the current bunch of shysters.

It's a shame that you always jump into the deep end without stopping to investigate who is putting out this story, and where it us coming from. Did you even read it?

It's from the National. The National is an SNP paper. Labour are currently catching up with the SNP in Scotland, and therefore the SNP have every reason to try and damage Labour.

But it isn't even an SNP story. It says very clearly in the article that it is a Daily Telegraph story. Firstly, the Telegraph is now a joke newspaper that cannot be taken at face value, but secondly did you even bother to read the Telegraph article that the National is citing?

I did.

The story literally states that it isn't Starmer deciding to change his policy, it is that the EU has said it will not renogiate the Brexit deal. So not at all what you are claiming.

Finally, this story is several days old, and yet I can't find it anywhere else. The National 'story', isn't a story. Its just a lazy quote of the Telegraph.

Screenshot_20240329_060455_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
This is an actual Political Correspondent of our national public service broadcaster. Starmer's been given the key to unlock Boris Mode.

Screenshot_20240329-090258-552.png

• Sad
Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
I think it's advisable to roll up one's sleeves if one is planning to give the Tories a good fisting.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I have to hand it to you that you are exceptionally good at deliberately missing the point. Are you not even slightly embarrassed about your boy being fluffed all the way into Downing Street?

multitool

Shaman
I have to hand it to you that you are exceptionally good at deliberately missing the point. Are you not even slightly embarrassed about your boy being fluffed all the way into Downing Street?

Honestly? I couldn't give a shît.

It's just part of the political theatre which seems to be an expectation of everybody, including your good self. I can't be sure, because I'm not going to go and look, but I've a strong suspicion you have joined in with the whining that Starmer lacks personality and vim. Yes, I actually did just use the word vim.

As for Starmer being my "boy", I get that you are keen to reduce a discussion of domestic politics into a simplistic tribal binary against which you can position yourself for applause from the gallery, but a more mature assessment will confirm that there isn't actually any alternative, and that this individual looks likely to be the first opposition leader to remove the Tories from power for 27 years.

So, there's that.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Seriously, though... Do you think that government being being permitted or not by a small client media class is any kind of serious problem, or are you just happy if they pick one that you can own the Corbynistas with?

Top Bottom