Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Seriously, though... Do you think that government being being permitted or not by a small client media class is any kind of serious problem, or are you just happy if they pick one that you can own the Corbynistas with?

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Seriously, bring more game. This kind of content is a bit beneath you tbqhwy. You started whining about Starmer, now you are whining about the media environment in which politicians have to operate.

It's like you've only just realised.

Last edited:

Ian H

Guru
Have you stopped beating your wife?

Seriously, bring more game. This kind of content is a bit beneath you tbqhwy. You started whining about Starmer, now you are whining about the media environment in which politicians have to operate.

It's like you've only just realised.

Do you think the media barons are immutable features we just have to accept, like volcanoes or Farage on Question Time?

Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
What about next year?

Good question.

How does one bring about change? Does one need to put oneself in a position of power, or not. What are the limitations of power? Is the change you want to enact possible, and how would one go about it?

If you cannot answer all of those questions then how can you expect others to deliver what it is that you want.

Good question.

How does one bring about change? Does one need to put oneself in a position of power, or not. What are the limitations of power? Is the change you want to enact possible, and how would one go about it?

If you cannot answer all of those questions then how can you expect others to deliver what it is that you want.

Starmer has no answer and he should as he’s a shoe in to be the next PM sometime in the next 6-9 months.

That’s what concerns me.

multitool

Shaman
Literally anything of any importance to millions of people in crisis, in whose interests it will be his responsibility to govern, but sure, you go off at Cookie.

Pipe down, Aurora.

It's not unreasonable to ask a poster to clarify to that which their post pertained.

What was it he required answers to? Your critique of the UK media? The path forward to renogiating Brexit? Or was he preempting your reply changing the subject to wealth inequality and poverty?

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Equally, it's not unreasonable to ask what Starmer actually has in mind for anything, because nobody knows.

It's fine for him to have a seemingly rudderless ship which the Conservatives can't take a shot at if that's how thinks Labour should be heading.

But the frustration around him (on this forum and elsewhere) stems from his reliance on "Well, we're not the Conservatives, yeah?"

He sums up the cliché of "These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others", for me at least.

Top Bottom