Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Still wailing about Elphicke? It's Saturday, and time for a new whine.

The truth is, it's politics.

Elphicke will sit on Labour benches, be forced to vote with Labour, reduce the Tory majority by one, not be a part of Labour policy decisions, and not steer or influence the Labour party in any way, before farking off into oblivion in November. And undermine and disrupt the Tories more than if she hadn't defected.

What's not to like.

Luckily it's easy for politicians like Elphicke to vote with Labour if what they are proposing is stuff like drowning immigrants at sea. I suppose she might rebel if they threaten to crack down on sexual abusers...

Anyway, I don't know that I can reasonably be accused of 'wailing' about Elphicke, but it's clearly a deal, the price of which is doubtless a peerage or some such. Or what we used to call corruption when Tories did it.

multitool

Luckily it's easy for politicians like Elphicke to vote with Labour if what they are proposing is stuff like drowning immigrants at sea. I suppose she might rebel if they threaten to crack down on sexual abusers...

Except none of this is happening outside of your head

Anyway, I don't know that I can reasonably be accused of 'wailing' about Elphicke, but it's clearly a deal, the price of which is doubtless a peerage or some such.

Well, it isn't doubtless, is it.

Or what we used to call corruption when Tories did it.

You can't expect me to take you seriously anymore if you rely solely on massively exaggerated statements, confected realities and arguments built on false premises.

I never thought I'd say this but have you and AS ever been seen in the same room together???

fear+and+loathing+in+las+vegas.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Except none of this is happening outside of your head

Well, it isn't doubtless, is it.

You can't expect me to take you seriously anymore if you rely solely on massively exaggerated statements, confected realities and arguments built on false premises.

I never thought I'd say this but have you and AS ever been seen in the same room together???

View attachment 5875

It's a deliberate antidote to your studied credulity over the Starmer Project. If I accidentally traduce Elphicke in the process, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: C R

multitool

It's a deliberate antidote to your studied credulity over the Starmer Project. If I accidentally traduce Elphicke in the process, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

You've just been suggesting that Labour is proposing drowning immigrants at sea. If my failure to spot this as Labour policy is "studied credulity" then can I have some of whatever you are smoking today, please.

You can traduce Elphicke as much as you like, I'll join in, but I'd rather see her being made use of by Starmer to weaken the Tories than her continuing on the Tory benches and voting with them.

multitool

It's so internet to reduce things to extremes.

Elphicke is a venal twat, but in government. Starmer not only pulls her out of government, but both weakens the incumbent government and strengthens the opposition at the same time.

In the process, Elphicke herself has been neutralised and will have to obey the will of Labour Whips.

So what is in it for her? Nothing electorally. She has just committed political suicide. It can only be revenge on people in her own party, or possibly a move to support a Tory leadership challenger against Sunak.

A Damehood? From Starmer? For what?? Not a chance.

icowden

Legendary Member
LOL. He's literally just welcomed Natalie Elphicke.
I'm not sure that you are grasping how joining a club works. If you join a group, you don't get to change it to suit you, you have to fit into the group. So yes, he's welcomed Elphicke who is now going to have to be a Labour MP voting for Labour motions under the Labour Whip.

multitool

^ someone who doesn't understand how the media work.

And for clarity I mean wimjim. (Not Starmer. He understands it perfectly)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
^ someone who doesn't understand how the media work.

And for clarity I mean wimjim. (Not Starmer. He understands it perfectly)

Still keeping up just over 11 posts per day I see. Good effort, can't be long until you top second place by over a thousand. 👍

multitool

Still keeping up just over 11 posts per day I see. Good effort, can't be long until you top second place by over a thousand. 👍

Do you have any idea how pathetic this attack line makes you look?

Can't deal with the substantive content of what someone is saying so I'll point out that they made 11 posts today.

Twat.

images.jpeg

Rusty Nails

Country Member

That'll devastate her. Still there's always The Greens, Lib-Dems, Scots Nats, Plaid, DUP, Sinn Fein, Alba, SDLP, Alliance, Reform UK and WPB if they're desperate, or she could sit as an Independent.

She will vote as the Whips say exactly as long as it suits her. This is all self-serving theatre that will not make one iota of difference to the election result.

Top Bottom