Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
So near zero corruption and extremely high corruption are the same thing.
And close to total incompetence has been proven for the Tories, ignoring the fact that the demise of the UK is by design.

Last edited:

C R

Über Member
And close to total incompetence has been proven for the Tories, ignoring the fact that the demise of the UK is by design.

So why isn't Starmer making that point?

D

Deleted member 49

It's a odd one isn't it....you'd have thought northern working class voters would be running back to Labour if Starmer took over wouldn't you ?

• Sad
Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
Not really. Their info feed sees to that.
It is like with the BBC where being unbiased means giving curruption uncritical coverage.

The masses have never read the Guardian or have such liked exposure to it their first reaction is that it is all lies.
Similarly in the US they do not see themselves as Hitlers henchmen. Nor even know it as a reference point. And
that sad UK pensioner who died. I do wonder if his sold Brexit dream was just totally lost in the actual reality of it all.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/30/sunak-tories-labour-repair-economy-voters-new-poll

This is what happens when instead of having a plan you ride on your opponents mess up.

These polls will probably point to the result of the next election as accurately as the polls of a couple of weeks ago forecast the annihilation of the Tory Party.

This is not to say I think Starmer is doing a good job in opposition...he isn't and time is running out for him to land some more attacking blows instead of relying on his opponent to miss.

C R

Über Member
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-prime-ministers-choice-save-the-economy-or-save-brexit/

That is the choice. Total doom or a rejoin like new agreement with the EU. The Starmer route.
But are not the turkeys are already dead?

As far as I know Starmer has also ruled out rejoining in any form, so both Starmer and Sunak are choosing to sacrifice the economy in the altar of brexit.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's a odd one isn't it....you'd have thought northern working class voters would be running back to Labour if Starmer took over wouldn't you ?
I can't get it either.

Why on earth is the multi-millionaire man of the people Sir Keir Starmer not seen as any different to the multi-millionaire man of the people Mr Rishi Sunak?

To be honest, to be seen as different Labour need Jeremy back. Sadly though they would then be seen as anti-Semitic, incompetent, weak and unelectable.

D

Deleted member 49

To be honest, to be seen as different Labour need Jeremy back. Sadly though they would then be seen as anti-Semitic, incompetent, weak and unelectable
Labour do have possible other leaders....but like everyone else it seems like Corbyn still lives in your head ?
You tried the anti semeitic sh1t once before and failed miserably.Same mistake twice and it's boring Craigy.

I can't get it either.

Why on earth is the multi-millionaire man of the people Sir Keir Starmer not seen as any different to the multi-millionaire man of the people Mr Rishi Sunak?

To be honest, to be seen as different Labour need Jeremy back. Sadly though they would then be seen as anti-Semitic, incompetent, weak and unelectable.

The Forde Report, which Labour have been increadibly quiet about, exhonerates Corbyn of all charges of anti-semitism.

I also can't understand why Labour are planinng to carry on with the Tories hard brexit which has already contributed to the end of 5PM's careers and has hit the UK economy hard.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Not really. Their info feed sees to that.
It is like with the BBC where being unbiased means giving curruption uncritical coverage.

The masses have never read the Guardian or have such liked exposure to it their first reaction is that it is all lies.
Similarly in the US they do not see themselves as Hitlers henchmen. Nor even know it as a reference point. And
that sad UK pensioner who died. I do wonder if his sold Brexit dream was just totally lost in the actual reality of it all.

The circulation of the Mail and Express combined is only 1.2 million people. BBC News viewing figures are around 124k, GB News is on numbers like 70k viewers.

Where are the rest of the 70 million UK population getting all their biased info that is leading them astray?

I'm always bemused that people think
(a) everybody else is so thick they assimilate all the headlines without question, whereas only they are intelligent enough to discern the truth.
(b) that every outlet doesn't have an angle or an agender, including The Guardian.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Labour do have possible other leaders....but like everyone else it seems like Corbyn still lives in your head ?
I was trying to think of someone who, until a very short while ago was a super-popular Labour leader, an off-the shelf winner for Labour.

The Forde Report, which Labour have been increadibly quiet about, exhonerates Corbyn of all charges of anti-semitism.
In that case, there is absolutely no problem is there?

But the question is why is Keir Starmer not igniting a huge groundswell of public support? As we have discussed before, people are turning to Labour not because they want a Keir Starmer government, they just don't seem to want a Johnson or Truss government. That could change under Rishi Sunak, and sitting back waiting for the election to be won is a very dangerous game for Labour.

Top Bottom