Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
As I said before, it's perfectly possible for two things to be true at once, ie. that a person of Asian heritage becoming a UK pm is an achievement and worthy of note, and also that he not going to do much for the vast majority of Asian heritage people in the UK because he will follow Conservative Party policies. Exactly the same could be said of Margaret Thatcher and her becoming the first woman pm.

I don't know why you struggle to understand this.

There's nothing in any of your posts in this thread that I don't understand, thanks. No one is stopping you 'noting' Sunak's 'achievement' in whatever way you wish, but the white leader of a supposedly democratic political party appears to be stopping British Indian Labour MPs publicly dissenting about it. I'm objecting to that. HTH.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
"Endemic" racism could not have started in Starmer's relatively short leadership, so must have already been there but not dealt with by his predecessor(s).

I thought Clive Lewis was going to go far, but he never got enough votes to get into the last leadership race, possibly because of some controversial episodes at a Labour conference, possibly for other reasons, while Dawn Butler never entered the leadership contest and rose without trace to come last in the deputy leadership election. Lewis may get another chance, but Butler has as much chance as Corbyn of being Labour's first woman/black leader.

Yeah why would Jermoly Cromblyn do this?!?

D

Deleted member 49

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/30/sunak-tories-labour-repair-economy-voters-new-poll

This is what happens when instead of having a plan you ride on your opponents mess up.
Difficult decisions...sound money soundbites...
There is no need for austerity but many people seem happy to live with it because they're go running back to Sunak.The way they both speak,there's very little difference.
I wish he would offer something different.No cuts,tax the rich ! Instead of trying to out Tory the Tories.

icowden

Legendary Member
The Tories are good with the economy. Everybody knows that.
Or is it that they know that Labour don't *have* a plan for the economy.

If Starmer had any sense he'd set out his stall to rejoin the single market in some form to restore trade with Europe, promise windfall taxes on big power companies and multinational IT companies, promise to do more to curb tax avoidance, promise to raise benefits, Nurses and teachers pay off the back of it whilst maintaining income tax rates and National Insurance.

That'd be a vote winner for me rather than promising to do sod all other than remove the charitable status from Private schools whilst failing to improve state schools.

albion

Guru
Even if none truth happened to be so, it is still better to have no plan than the current corrupt costly Tory plan.

We know Starmers plan.

D

Deleted member 49

Or is it that they know that Labour don't *have* a plan for the economy.

If Starmer had any sense he'd set out his stall to rejoin the single market in some form to restore trade with Europe, promise windfall taxes on big power companies and multinational IT companies, promise to do more to curb tax avoidance, promise to raise benefits, Nurses and teachers pay off the back of it whilst maintaining income tax rates and National Insurance.

That'd be a vote winner for me rather than promising to do sod all other than remove the charitable status from Private schools whilst failing to improve state schools.
Could of maybe stuck to what he was elected on ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-121418.png
    Screenshot_20221030-121418.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 4

albion

Guru
Like the BBC and Channel 4?

Lets hope most of the money first goes to onshore wind for near instant benefit.
There is going to be zero excess if that gets fully used for hydrogen production.

D

Deleted member 49

Voters in Sedgefield prepared to give Sunak the benefit of the doubt despite being the best of a bad bunch, because they can't see what Starmer stands for

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rishi-sunak-a-chance-according-to-focus-group

Prepare for a conservative victory in the next general election.
Sunak and Starmer have it out at PM questions on who's toughest on immigration ! It's another distraction from the financial mess were in.
Covid taught us that the rich will use anything to protect themselves and they’re income.The magic money tree exists for them but not for us.
I don't see Starmer offering any different.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom