Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman

The wider point of attack is that the government system of asylum is in chaos and cases are not being processed expeditiously. He's right.

Starmer's point is not that all asylum seekers should be returned, it is that the system doesn't work and needlessly houses claimants when they should be processed and either, as in most cases, allowed to work, or returned.

D

Deleted member 49

Sort of.

The wider point of attack is that the government system of asylum is in chaos and cases are not being processed expeditiously. He's right.
There solution ? We need to be "firm"
Basically we'll do the same as the Tories but faster.
Thornberry.
The asylum system is broken & the Tories broke it: more small boat crossings than ever; claims unprocessed for years; the taxpayer paying for hotels & criminal gangs coining it.
We need an asylum policy that is firm, fair and fast, not this latest Tory bill which solves nothing.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 28

Indeed. My neighbour across the way is a "retired" builder. He's only in his 50s, has two properties and a nice car - as well as his van. One of the properties is owned by his ex-wife but still...

Fella I know is younger than me and has a 12 man brickie gang working continually on new builds.

He has a huge detached old farmhouse in Market Drayton worth a fortune, his dad still does 3 days a week for him.

I know Pylon painters that earn £80k per year, that's a shitty job though and always away from home.

I'm amazed how some people assume all people working outside or who have manual jobs either only do them because thats all they can 'get' or they're too dumb for anything else.

Admittedly your average brickie (or rigger for that matter) isn't going to be a surgeon no matter how hard they study but to think everyone wants to work indoors or sit at a desk or teach is ludicrous.

I spent 3 yrs in the office during my time at Orange as a 'Co ordinator ', it was the worst time of my life.

Same place day after day, dealing with idiots on the phone, managers calling up asking questions about stuff they knew nothing about and expecting things done which couldn't be.

F**k that!

D

Deleted member 49

Starmer's point is not that all asylum seekers should be returned, it is that the system doesn't work and needlessly houses claimants when they should be processed and either, as in most cases, allowed to work, or returned.
Starmers point lol...he doesn't have one.

View: https://twitter.com/schneiderhome/status/1633822434288627713?t=0toWDiWH55XTYcGoXQ_5fg&s=19

D

Deleted member 49

The new version of Godwin’s Law could be that left or right everyone agrees that Blair is a daffodil.

D

Deleted member 49

You don't seem to have ideas Adam, just a short collection of dagger targets.
Lol...I could say his pledges what he was elected leader on,but we know thats not happening.

So Refugees welcome...safe routes available.
Re-nationalise all utilities and rail.
Invest in the NHS and end privatisation.
Rent control and new council housing building.
Progressive taxation.
Support striking workers...I really shouldn't have to say that though !

theclaud

Reading around the chip

#dawnfosterforever

20230310_144820.jpg

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Looks like we're going to have to suffer this bollox for another 18 months...has nobody in the Labour party got any sort of concience ? Christ she's pathetic.

View: https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1634149665359757313?t=LLwBj1IUKNgnAUX79moU_w&s=19

I took her ignoring the question as more of a 'I'm not going to dignify that with a response' to be honest. I agree it's ridiculous that she's having to discuss what a Corbyn government would have been like 3 years after the election and 2 and a half years after he was suspended from the party.

D

Deleted member 49

I took her ignoring the question as more of a 'I'm not going to dignify that with a response' to be honest. I agree it's ridiculous that she's having to discuss what a Corbyn government would have been like 3 years after the election and 2 and a half years after he was suspended from the party.
Nah if that was the case have the spine to a really say that....I'm sick to fecking death of hearing the anti semitism slur.Those sort of lies need to be called out.The correct answer there would have been Corbyn isn't anti semitic.
Only yesterday she was calling out Lineker for the language he used.I used to have a little respect for Thornberry but it's diminished fast.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom