Stop the War!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

NURSE! Adam needs his medication....
Friday night and it'll be along soon in the form of Red Wine....
Why don't you have a go and tell us what's so attractive about Labour under Starmer ? You were quick enough to support him wasn't you ? I find it pathetic how often he has to tell us he isn't Corbyn.
I bet he stands in his bedroom at night repeating it out loud in the mirror !

Mugshot

Über Member
I find it pathetic how often he has to tell us he isn't Corbyn.
And you'd find it equally pathetic if he says he was.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Does the bloke have anything other than "I'm not Corbyn" ? He hasn't the balls to think for himself,I find him utterly bland.Why the feck is he not criticizing the opposition instead of trying to alienate the left of the party ?
Why don't you try telling me what you so like about him....you do don't you ?
So you don't think he was right to answer the question about Corbyn that was put to him? He was there for a meeting with NATO officials and was asked a specific question about Corbyn's supposed anti NATO comments as part of the Stop The War Coalition. He had to answer, which could be counted as thinking for himself on this occasion at least.

I admit to thinking he would make a good leader of the party, especially after the shambles Corbyn made of it, but he has been very disappointing up until now, being so quiet/bland he has almost been comatose. I don't know how you think this is liking him, but compared to what I thought of Corbyn it certainly is.

He has, at long last, started to be more attack-minded to the Tories and Johnson, but he has a long way to go yet before I would say I do like him as leader.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

And you'd find it equally pathetic if he says he was.
Really....you don't know me at all.I judge people on morals/priciples and what they stand for.Not how they want to look/appear.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Friday night and it'll be along soon in the form of Red Wine....
Why don't you have a go and tell us what's so attractive about Labour under Starmer ? You were quick enough to support him wasn't you ? I find it pathetic how often he has to tell us he isn't Corbyn.
I bet he stands in his bedroom at night repeating it out loud in the mirror !
Tbf a vital part of getting much of the electorate to have confidence in him was by emphasising he wasn't Corbyn because Corbyn's image was toxic to many people (Yes, that was unfair, but that's life and was how it was, not necessarily how it should have been).

I doubt that he needs to do that much these days as Corbyn is yesterday's man, and will probably be just about forgotten by the next election, but you seem to think that he is still doing so and I am sure nothing will make you think otherwise.

D

Deleted member 49

Tbf a vital part of getting much of the electorate to have confidence in him was by emphasising he wasn't Corbyn because Corbyn's image was toxic to many people (Yes, that was unfair, but that's life and was how it was, not necessarily how it should have been).
Maybe a vital part of gaining the votes of the electorate is lying ? Seemed to work for Johnson....so looking back to what he sold himself on he's not doing that badly there.
In the leadership election, Keir Starmer presented himself as 'Corbynism with competence and party unity'.
Lol....
I doubt that he needs to do that much these days as Corbyn is yesterday's man, and will probably be just about forgotten by the next election, but you seem to think that he is still doing so and I am sure nothing will make you think otherwise.
I'm not really sure what you mean here Rusty but I accept Corbyns gone,I did notice.Hate to say it but it was never really 100% the man I was supporting more what he stood for.
But your right I doubt anything will change my mind or think otherwise.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'm not really sure what you mean here Rusty but I accept Corbyns gone,I did notice.Hate to say it but it was never really 100% the man I was supporting more what he stood for.
But your right I doubt anything will change my mind or think otherwise.
What I mean is that the need for Starmer to show he is not Corbyn has gone so I am not sure how you think he is still often telling us he is not Corbyn. I think that perhaps it is just your dislike of Starmer colouring what you see, as in the post above about the interview.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

What I mean is that the need for Starmer to show he is not Corbyn has gone so I am not sure how you think he is still often telling us he is not Corbyn. I think that perhaps it is just your dislike of Starmer colouring what you see, as in the post above about the interview.
It's not my dislike for him personally,more what he seems to want to stand for.
But thanks for that therapy session.....I'll stick with Red wine this evening if that ok with you 😁
Just so nobody goes into one about derailing the thread.Im anti war to be clear.

Mugshot

Über Member
It’s nothing to do with her gender. The wry humour comes from her presumed emulation of Thatcher in pursuit of her ambition to be the next PM.

Further evidence for you.
View attachment 700
1644747396301.png

Cold War Steve, obvs.

stowie

Does it matter what she is wearing? Would we comment on her attire if she were a man?

Male or female, I do agree she is a pretty lame MP, never mind Foreign Secretary.

Assuming "we" is wider society / media etc. and not just this forum then..

1644754030778.png

and

1644754057351.png

So yes, "we" would comment.

Top Bottom