Stop the War!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Regular
At last Starmer says something assertive!

From today's Grauniad:

Keir Starmer accuses Stop the War coalition of siding with Nato’s enemies​

Exclusive: Labour leader affirms support for transatlantic alliance and attacks organisation in which Jeremy Corbyn is leading figure

Keir Starmer has launched an outspoken attack on the Stop the War coalition, in which Jeremy Corbyn is a leading figure, effectively accusing the campaign group of siding with Russia against Nato.

In an opinion article for the Guardian, written on the way to Brussels where he reaffirmed Labour’s staunch support for Nato, Starmer says Stop the War are “not benign voices for peace”.

“At best they are naive, at worst they actively give succour to authoritarian leaders who directly threaten democracies. There is nothing progressive in showing solidarity with the aggressor when our allies need our solidarity and – crucially – our practical assistance now more than ever.”

That's all very well, but Johnson has sent Liz Truss to Moscow.

Liz fuuuucking Truss.

D

Deleted member 49

Well that was worth the wait then...and theres me thinking Starmer has been absolutely useless.How I've been proved wrong.🙄
I just read that as another attack on Corbyn.How predictable.

That's all very well, but Johnson has sent Liz Truss to Moscow.

Liz fuuuucking Truss.
Were you not swayed by her Thatcher hat tribute? Let’s hope Conservative members are.

8F8D2D00-4AC3-4B6B-9C33-DF20607D617A.jpeg

Does it matter what she is wearing? Would we comment on her attire if she were a man?
It’s nothing to do with her gender. The wry humour comes from her presumed emulation of Thatcher in pursuit of her ambition to be the next PM.

Further evidence for you.
D230F608-5F64-4EAC-A913-EBB36B193C86.jpeg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It’s nothing to do with her gender. The wry humour comes from her presumed emulation of Thatcher in pursuit of her ambition to be the next PM.

Further evidence for you.
View attachment 700

If you say so.

Next PM? I need to find a high bridge ;)

D

Deleted member 49

Did you actually listen to the interview?

He didn't mention Corbyn until he was asked a direct question about him, and answered it.
Does the bloke have anything other than "I'm not Corbyn" ? He hasn't the balls to think for himself,I find him utterly bland.Why the feck is he not criticizing the opposition instead of trying to alienate the left of the party ?
Why don't you try telling me what you so like about him....you do don't you ?

Top Bottom