Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A splendid, still pertinent, article by the late Ian Jack. My father told me about putting pennies on the rails.

Yes, we did that, as children, also, 3" or 6" nails, pilfered from local building sites, after the train had passed, the nails made excellent tips for our home made bows and arrows and spears. No iPads in 1952 ;)

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
My father told me about putting pennies on the rails.

Yes, we did that,

Guilty, m'lud.

We used to do research into the atomic structure of small pebbles this way as well. It seems there is potential here for a new Chat forum ...

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
"If this plan was implemented, it would not only mean the loss of thousands of jobs, but the use of unsafe practices such as DOO [driver-only operation, where drivers operate the doors on all carriages]
Like the rest of Europe and large parts of the rest of the world. Are our drivers that stupid?

D

Deleted member 49

Like the rest of Europe and large parts of the rest of the world. Are our drivers that stupid?
Just so we're clear about who's responsible...."Employers had planned to offer a 10 per cent pay rise over two years to the RMT union, but were blocked by the government"
So is everyone who feels the need to strike stupid ?

PaulB

Is our government that stupid?

This one? Do you REALLY need to ask?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Just so we're clear about who's responsible...."Employers had planned to offer a 10 per cent pay rise over two years to the RMT union, but were blocked by the government"
So is everyone who feels the need to strike stupid ?

But I was talking about the driver only trains. They work all across Europe, Australia, all over London of course on the underground, why then are our train drivers going on strike because they are so unsafe? Why aren't there a ton of people being killed by them every week?

Top Bottom