Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Do you not think that people will die during this strike?
Do you mean during or because.

D

Deleted member 49

How much we get paid will have no impact on mortality at all. I don't think nurses will save more peoples lives if they get paid a few pounds more each month.
Imagine working in the NHS and not thinking that Nurses deserve a pay rise....ffs did you at least clap ?

D

Deleted member 49

RMT members have overwhelmingly voted to reject the latest offer from company bosses at Network Rail.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Imagine working in the NHS and not thinking that Nurses deserve a pay rise....ffs did you at least clap ?
But I do think we deserve a pay rise. I just don't think that any reasonable, well led union, would be demanding the thick end of 20% in this, or any climate.
They have made it all about patient care and the only way to improve patient care is to get the demand, any less will mean patient care will suffer blah blah blah.
Totally, and naively backed themselves into a corner. If they negotiate and settle for less, they are saying that they do not care about patient care after all, but it was about the cash.

Nurses and their union leaders have never been on strike before, and it bloody well shows.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It can only be hoped you're not actually a nurse and if you are, you're not patient-facing.

Oh stop the childish fucking insults.

Are you saying that if we get the near 20% award that your Mrs will try 20% harder? Or are you saying she is only putting in 80% effort now?

Ask her what she an additional 20%ish in her pay packet will mean she will do after the strike to help patient care that she isn't doing now.

How much we get paid will have no impact on mortality at all. I don't think nurses will save more peoples lives if they get paid a few pounds more each month.

My question was about the effect of real terms pay cuts on recruitment and retention. Are you willing to address that?

albion

Guru
They got a regular clap. And the landowners got the big banners out too.
And now they have the actual audacity to want paying.

D

Deleted member 49

But I do think we deserve a pay rise. I just don't think that any reasonable, well led union, would be demanding the thick end of 20% in this, or any climate.
They have made it all about patient care and the only way to improve patient care is to get the demand, any less will mean patient care will suffer blah blah blah.
Totally, and naively backed themselves into a corner. If they negotiate and settle for less, they are saying that they do not care about patient care after all, but it was about the cash.

Nurses and their union leaders have never been on strike before, and it bloody well shows.
At what point to you think it's justified to strike ? Not being able to heat your home or eat properly,or should those people leave their chosen profession and seek employment somewhere else,use food banks ?
How many nurses have left this year,is it something like over 30,000 ? There's plenty of money,feck ! how much have this goverment wasted recently.Covid loans and fraud alone.Its a political choice not to pay them what they deserve.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Or the converse. Otherwise, surely, the implication would be that nurses are neglecting patients, because they (nurses) are allegedly poorly paid?

Top Bottom