Swearing and/or offensive language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
I'm not sure I agree with you there. While I understand that some people have an issue with it, I think that swearing can be a powerful form of punctuation or emphasis.
Oh yeah? In which case, have some of this:

I see you standin' there
You think you're so cool
Why don't you just
fark off

Ya get nothin' for nothin'
If that's what ya do
Turn around bitch I got a use for you
Besides you ain't got nothin' better to do
And I'm bored

- Axl Rose

stephec

Regular
Slightly off topic possibly but if you ever find yourself in that big arts and crafts type shop who's name escapes me, and you're getting a bit bored as your wife is taking ages to pick a photo frame, you might end up wandering down an aisle containing lots of cardboard letters approximately six inches high.

It looks like you're meant to colour and decorate them to your own design, but my sixteen year old daughter and I found it far more fun to rearrange them into different words. 🤣

Edit: the shop's called Hobbycraft.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Slightly off topic possibly but if you ever find yourself in that big arts and crafts type shop who's name escapes me, and you're getting a bit bored as your wife is taking ages to pick a photo frame, you might end up wandering down an aisle containing lots of cardboard letters approximately six inches high.

It looks like you're meant to colour and decorate them to your own design, but my sixteen year old daughter and I found it far more fun to rearrange them into different words. 🤣

Photo or it didn't happen.

Screenshot_20220727-152307_Gallery.jpg

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

I see you standin' there
You think you're so cool
Why don't you just
fark off

If that's what ya do
And I'm bored

- Axl Rose

Never forget this was a man who thought having an anagram of 'Oral Sex' for a stage-name was big & clever.

matticus

Guru
Never forget this was a man who thought having an anagram of 'Oral Sex' for a stage-name was big & clever.

Say what you like - he's the greatest lyricist since Dylan.

(And better at anagrams.)

EDIT: of course the Brits are always best:
1658933655683.png

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth

I see you standin' there
You think you're so cool
Why don't you just
fark off

If that's what ya do
And I'm bored

- Axl Rose

Yeah, it's not always powerful.

And Axl Rose is, well, about as much of a clown as jowwy is.

Mr Celine

I've done the same in Tesco. (Not my photo).
1658934067122.png

matticus

Guru
I'm not sure I agree with you there. While I understand that some people have an issue with it, I think that swearing can be a powerful form of punctuation or emphasis. And when used casually it usually slips by unnoticed, and generally if called on it the user will modify their language, in my experience at least.

Look, I don't come here to agree with people, but .... I don't think what YOU posted is very different to what *I* posted.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Yeah, it's not always powerful.

And Axl Rose is, well, about as much of a clown as jowwy is.

After i read this post earlier today. I private messaged @AndyRM to call a truce, to which we have now both agreed on, hoepfully going foward these types of posts will no longer be seen.

i have like boris johnson, had other PMs with members today And will probably have more PMs with members later this evening.

i hope you all have a wonderful day

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

While cycling today I've been thinking about words which have lost their possibly offensive meanings through common use.

The only two I could come up with are "sinister" and "gauche", both of which mock left-handedness in their original usage.

Can you think of any others?

D

Deleted member 28

After i read this post earlier today. I private messaged @AndyRM to call a truce, to which we have now both agreed on, hoepfully going foward these types of posts will no longer be seen.

i have like boris johnson, had other PMs with members today And will probably have more PMs with members later this evening.

i hope you all have a wonderful day

Illiterate c*nt.

Top Bottom