The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
It’s even called Lady M.
Well what else??

I mean you don't possess that kind of hubris, and inflated sense of self entitlement, and then accidently forget to name your tub after yourself do you.??

Although I've seen a few other ideas (such as "Thanks Taxpayers" ) photoshopped in place of that lettering, so this could also be a spoof I s'pose 🤔

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
D

Deleted member 49

Bizarre is right isn't it? I can't watch that and be upset that he's somehow callous or uncaring. It's more fundamental than that, just a complete lack of understanding. I don't think he grasps the concept of the poor and the working class as being real people.
WTF decided this would be good PR ? He's farking clueless ....no wonder they rarely let him out.

37F58BB5-680F-47E0-AD2A-F7F519C88BD9.jpeg

winjim

Sunak has been silent for weeks.
His first big announcement is Maths for every pupil until 18. Brilliant.

That will keep the nurses happy.

To be fair the unions did get bamboozled into accepting the last pay offer so maybe a better grasp of maths would have been beneficial.

Reactions: C R

winjim

In all seriousness it's a ridiculous stunt and I actually find it offensive beyond it just being silly. Start with making primary education accessible to all children then maybe work your way up to secondary and further education.

icowden

Legendary Member
In all seriousness it's a ridiculous stunt and I actually find it offensive beyond it just being silly. Start with making primary education accessible to all children then maybe work your way up to secondary and further education.
I agree. Not least because both of my daughters are currently studying GCSE maths which goes far beyond useful day to day maths. I'm not sure what the benefit would be of making my older daughter study maths to 18 given that her interests are in textiles and music (although she is considering nursing). She can do non-calculator maths very well but struggles a bit at quadratic equations, nth terms, and the sine and cosine rule. I worked for the NHS for 15 years and am not aware of any Nurses needing to simplify a quadratic sequence, nor calculate the area of a quadrilateral. Similarly converting decimals to fractions was not a key skill.

Even stuff like gradient of a line, and graphs - these days anyone sane would throw the data in Excel and tell it to make a graph.

If you want to go into the sciences, or become an architect, then I get that maths at an advanced level is a useful skill, but for most people it just isn't once you have gone beyond mental arithmetic and calculating the area of a shape - and even then the carpet people will calculate the amount of carpet you need...

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

Even as a diversionary tactic it's poor.
Yet again, remind me who's been in charge for 12 years....

How's it going down in the Mail, Sun and Express this morning?

Top Bottom