The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Are you saying the police arrested a few random guys? If not it is relevant, and you know that just as much as i do, just take a mirror and change the subject, let's say it where 4 black guys trowing an statue of Nelson mandela(and yes there are lots of evil things you can blame mandela for) in the river because they support the hopefully non-existend ''all whites are great'' would you all respond in the same way? off course not(you can say otherwise but i simply won't believe you)

The devil in the details he said (according the the quote) ''essentially not be prosecuted'' that is something else than denying they where procecuted.
They arrested those they could identify, sometime after the event. Those charged were the four arrested and 'persons unknown'.
As for the mirror, my name's not Alice.

Asked about the jury's decision, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he wouldn't comment on the case itself, but argued that it was "wrong" for people to "go round seeking retrospectively to change our history".
Another idiot. How can history be anything but retrospective?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Another idiot. How can history be anything but retrospective?

And who is trying to ' change history' anyway -

'History' - The events are fixed in time.

Our telling, and interpretation of the stories and truths of historical events are the things that can change -

- Just how dimwitted do you have to be not to get that distinction .??
( no need to answer )

The dunking of Colstons statue is now part of our ongoing evolving history.

*Its part of the history of some white folks waking up to the historical (and present day) oppression of people of colour..

edited to add...

*which is clearly good news..

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/jan/07/gb-news-accused-of-prejudicing-colston-four-trial
At a hearing on 23 December – which can only now be reported – Judge Peter Blair QC considered whether GB News’ decision to air the monologue constituted contempt of court. “The most pressing matter from my court’s perspective is to ensure that the safety of my trial process is maintained and that I don’t have the risk of jurors coming across this sort of material and the trial being prejudiced by them being influenced,” he said.
The Yaxley-Lennon of broadcasters but without his audience figures?

lazybloke

Regular
Stars must have aligned somewhere, JRM and most of the esteemed CC massive are on the same side it appears...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59893024
A bit like a cosmic ray passed through his brain at exactly the right microsecond in time and and the precise angle to intercept and activate that 1 neuron in 80 billion resulting in a brain fart that made him say something that - on the face of it - sounded alright.

Normal service will now resume.

Beebo

Veteran

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I'm not sure Marx was into buying and selling slaves ?
Also WTF has Marx got to do with this ?
Before this gets put in the dustbin of history, Colston has the lives of some 84 000 slaves on his conscience. The legacy of Marx in what his disciples did in the 20th century amounts to some 120 million dead. Political opponents of the new Soviet state were treated basically as slave labour in the early days. The legacy of the Soviet empire is more than one petty dictatorship, as is seen daily in the news.

So toppling a statue or two of Marx would be a million times better than Colston, but as the founders of BLM are Marxists, I suspect they wouldn't be interested in this.

Ian H

Guru
Before this gets put in the dustbin of history, Colston has the lives of some 84 000 slaves on his conscience. The legacy of Marx in what his disciples did in the 20th century amounts to some 120 million dead. Political opponents of the new Soviet state were treated basically as slave labour in the early days. The legacy of the Soviet empire is more than one petty dictatorship, as is seen daily in the news.

So toppling a statue or two of Marx would be a million times better than Colston, but as the founders of BLM are Marxists, I suspect they wouldn't be interested in this.
That's a bit like blaming Jesus for the Westboro Baptist Church.

Top Bottom