The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm awaiting the defensive posts ,'oh they're poor helpless people fleeing oppression'.

When in reality almost all of them are illegal economic immigrants

This is a lie and you know it’s a lie. Why do you keep repeating it? Are you thick, nasty, or something else?

Even the ‘hostile environment’ Home Office grants asylum to three quarters of the claimants it bothers to process, even before appeals.

D

Deleted member 159

This is a lie and you know it’s a lie. Why do you keep repeating it? Are you thick, nasty, or something else?

Even the ‘hostile environment’ Home Office grants asylum to three quarters of the claimants it bothers to process, even before appeals.

No its the truth, only the best are cherry picked for tribunal, hence the high success rate in % terms.

However there are hundreds of thousands awaiting for cases to be decided. A small percentage of the whole group

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

It's very evident that its a thick and nasty troll, it's said itself, that it's only here for a reaction.

You / we could stop responding to it, especially on the 'Good News Only' thread.

D

Deleted member 159

You’re a liar, Andy. And not even a good one.
Question 'how many asylum claims are successful uk'

90% of those who crossed the channel in the year to March 2023 claimed asylum in the UK, but only 504 (1%) people had received a decision by the end of March 2023. Of those who did receive a decision, 305 (61%) were grants of refugee status or other leave.

305 successful out of 504 decisions. There are literally hundreds of thousands waiting, the vast majority are not asylum worthy

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

90% of those who crossed the channel in the year to March 2023 claimed asylum in the UK, but only 504 (1%) people had received a decision by the end of March 2023. Of those who did receive a decision, 305 (61%) were grants of refugee status or other leave.

305 successful out of 504 decisions. There are literally hundreds of thousands waiting, the vast majority are not asylum worthy

I’ve already shown you why you’re wrong with that.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I’ve already shown you why you’re wrong with that.

We know that weegie, but It's not interested in facts, it's only here for a reaction, if you want to 'play' with such creatures - then howsabout a relevant thread such as the Priti Patel one ??

Meanwhile..
In good, or at least 'not bad' news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ie-movie-box-office-dark-knight-b2384698.html

Now you have to go, to see what all the fuss is about..
I think Friday for us - I'm already dreaming up an outfit :girl:

D

Deleted member 159

Depends what you call good news.

Sure, fluffy film is good news for film industry, sex always sells well.

As I said before, I hope you don't work in an area where you have to interpret numbers.

The success rate at first instance is 61%. Of the remaining 39% a lot will succeed on review or at Tribunal.

There's no evidence that clear cut - ie easy - cases are being bumped up the queue although that would actually be a sensible way to proceed.

D

Deleted member 159

As I said before, I hope you don't work in an area where you have to interpret numbers.

The success rate at first instance is 61%. Of the remaining 39% a lot will succeed on review or at Tribunal.

There's no evidence that clear cut - ie easy - cases are being bumped up the queue although that would actually be a sensible way to proceed.

Post the figures

D

Deleted member 159

What figures?

Here are examples

100,000 people claim asylum, 70,000 people granted= 70%

100 people claim asylum, 70 people granted= 70%

10 people claim asylum, 7 people granted= 70%

a percent number is meaningless with figures

D

Deleted member 159

Depends what you call good news.

Sure, fluffy film is good news for film industry, sex always sells well.

I can see why the immediate appeal

Sexy lady

ss02-margot-robbie-august-2016.jpeg

Meanwhile..
In good, or at least 'not bad' news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ie-movie-box-office-dark-knight-b2384698.html

Now you have to go, to see what all the fuss is about..
I think Friday for us - I'm already dreaming up an outfit :girl:

It's great to see people going back to the cinema in droves. Too often we're in an audience of less than 10 for films. Having 3 big films out at once is good news. Barbie's really good, well worth seeing. Not really a kids film but they will probably enjoy it too. Will be seeing Meg 2 next week.

Top Bottom