The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

It's great to see people going back to the cinema in droves. Too often we're in an audience of less than 10 for films. Having 3 big films out at once is good news. Barbie's really good, well worth seeing. Not really a kids film but they will probably enjoy it too. Will be seeing Meg 2 next week.
I had to sit in my own cheapskate seat the other night at Oppenheimer...i much prefer to move over to the VIP usually 😁

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
It's great to see people going back to the cinema in droves. Too often we're in an audience of less than 10 for films. Having 3 big films out at once is good news. Barbie's really good, well worth seeing. Not really a kids film but they will probably enjoy it too. Will be seeing Meg 2 next week.

Everyone I know who has already seen it has said it's a proper laugh, and quite joyful.
💃🌈🌻💜
Apparently some of the anti patriachy messaging is a bit 'ABC of feminism' and "Derr well obvs*" but nevermind, no need to shoot the messenger etc etc.

Plus just for the amount of fragile menz frothing it's causing - it's got to be worth seeing - to find out what's upsetting them so much - some of their tizzied up responses are just wild..

*To be fair this was from a friend who does international lawyering work around women's rights, so I don't think they need 'educating' on that front so very much anyhow.

The fact that it's rated 12A should inform folks that it's not 'a kids film' but I guess no one takes much notice of classifications these days 🙄

Haven't seen 'Meg1' yet - clearly some catching up to do on the filmic front.

Last film I went to see was a Polish Art house type thing in Glasgow - about a displaced donkey called Eeo - was good - but no happy ending - I do like a happy ending 😇

Ian H

Legendary Member
The good news is that we're on the right train. The bad news is the train is on the wrong line. The good news is that we might catch a glimpse of the sea & get home eventually. Let's hope the scheduling is accurate.

Ian H

Legendary Member
The good news is that we're on the right train. The bad news is the train is on the wrong line. The good news is that we might catch a glimpse of the sea & get home eventually. Let's hope the scheduling is accurate.

It got worse, then it got even worser.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Did you get stuck down Cornwall way??
I heard the whole network came to a standstill with all the storm blown trees.. 🤔

Opposite direction. We got from Basingstoke to Salisbury via Southampton. Then they announced that the train was stopping there, followed by various contradictory announcements that had us on to a train & straight off again. Some were put on a GWR train to Exeter via Cardiff (!), The rest of us transferred to cabs for the journey west. It was all just MITAYGA.
Still, it didn't spoil a good few days. If you're ever in Maidenhead, Seasonality is a splendid little restaurant run by one of those pedigree chefs. It's just round the corner from the high street Gregg's.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Opposite direction. We got from Basingstoke to Salisbury via Southampton. Then they announced that the train was stopping there, followed by various contradictory announcements that had us on to a train & straight off again. Some were put on a GWR train to Exeter via Cardiff (!), The rest of us transferred to cabs for the journey west. It was all just MITAYGA.
Still, it didn't spoil a good few days. If you're ever in Maidenhead, Seasonality is a splendid little restaurant run by one of those pedigree chefs. It's just round the corner from the high street Gregg's.

Ah the Basingstoke Salisbury conundrum.

Often seems to be a bit of a snagger like Preston environs can be.

Just as well you approached it with the 'Spirit of Adventure' as is required with a lot of UK train travel.

I mean who needs to go to far flung countries with shonky infrastructure when you can get that same experience right here on our own doorstep!!

Thanks for the Maidenhead eaterie recommendation - it's not often on my route .
But that's the thing you never quite know where you'll end up once you thrown in your lot with Network Rail et al..

Which reminds me - in further holiday news ..

Train - ferry - bike
Holyhead - Dublin - Donegal to research and book. That's this month now!!

Ian H

Legendary Member
Ah the Basingstoke Salisbury conundrum.

Often seems to be a bit of a snagger like Preston environs can be.

Just as well you approached it with the 'Spirit of Adventure' as is required with a lot of UK train travel.

I mean who needs to go to far flung countries with shonky infrastructure when you can get that same experience right here on our own doorstep!!

Thanks for the Maidenhead eaterie recommendation - it's not often on my route .
But that's the thing you never quite know where you'll end up once you thrown in your lot with Network Rail et al..

Which reminds me - in further holiday news ..

Train - ferry - bike
Holyhead - Dublin - Donegal to research and book. That's this month now!!

That sounds exciting. Good luck.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
That sounds exciting. Good luck.

Well yes it does feel a bit more so, now.

After last year's extended mountain adventures I was worried I might find the prospect of going other slightly less rugged places a little flat..

But I've not been to the north coast of Ireland before, and I'm sure there's plenty to enjoy.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Which breed of pedigrees do they cook?

At least you can be sure there are no pedigrees in a Greggs Steak Bake.

Good working class bait is Greggs. Standard fayre for toddler in his/her pushchair, Greggs Sausage Roll, stuffed in their mouth. The next generation of gourmet foodies in the making. ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Good working class bait is Greggs. Standard fayre for toddler in his/her pushchair, Greggs Sausage Roll, stuffed in their mouth. The next generation of gourmet foodies in the making. ;)

Greggs are often pit stops on my usual bike rides.

I must admit that I have noticed the number of those working class types that also use it.

Top Bottom