The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
6 years ago. Probably took less than a minute - drawn wiv my finger on the phone. One of several, but this one actually worked. I'd completely forgotten about it until the other day. Woman at a potter's wheel.
View attachment 4548

Rien que le dessin.

We'll decide what it is, thanks very much.

I'm seeing a woman pranking her careless male partner, having had enough of his aimless micturating, by covering the loo with cling film.

Ian H

Guru
Rien que le dessin.

We'll decide what it is, thanks very much.

I'm seeing a woman pranking her careless male partner, having had enough of his aimless micturating, by covering the loo with cling film.

I shouldn't be too precious about defining what my work is about. Everyone will see something different. But cling-film is difficult to draw unambiguously.

icowden

Legendary Member
I shouldn't be too precious about defining what my work is about. Everyone will see something different. But cling-film is difficult to draw unambiguously.
Indeed. My first impression was that she was doing some sort of surgery or post-mortem... ^_^
This may say more about my brain than the artists intent...

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If you've been reading the guitarist thread on the main forum you might remember that before summer I bought a cheap keyboard from a charity shop so the kids would have something to hit. Apart from learning a couple of Taylor Swift songs for my daughter, which I have done, I was wondering if I could sequence it from the ipad which I have now wrested from the aforementioned offspring. My intention was to make a few backing tracks to play along with and practise my guitar playing, however I may have got a bit carried away and this is the result.

I keep tweaking the mix but this is probably the best I can manage to get it. I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt using only MIDI and a cheap sound module. I should stop now and get on with playing the guitar again.

https://on.soundcloud.com/V9zbW

D

Deleted member 49

And The Animals Were Sold....Rachel Whiteread exhibition in Bergamo.Stunning setting in the Palazzo della Ragione.Loved it and there was the added bonus of a cycle race for me.
IMG_20231008_160457696.jpg

IMG_20231008_160010715.jpg

IMG_20231008_150920759_HDR.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

Lovely building, but who stole all the exhibits?
Cost me a fortune being over with the baggage on Ryanair 🙄

D

Deleted member 49

It was for "House":

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(sculpture)

I quite like the idea, but like most things which win awards it's always going to divide opinion. In that case mine was a solid "Meh".
Love her stuff...Big thing for my partner who loves her, especially being the first woman to win the Turner ! I think you always need to see what's behind it and what it's about.We watched a film at another gallery first which showed the process behind the stone pieces.

Top Bottom