The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
And Dowdy for deputy. When he was culture secretary he was involved in appointing the BBC chair. So he's already under investigation.

icowden

Legendary Member
Are we all so bored of this Government that Raab’s pathetic resignation is of no surprise to anyone so goes totally uncommented upon?
I'm enjoying seeing my local MP booted out. I'm hoping he gets booted out completely at the next election.
How long do we think before he gets offered another ministerial job? Or is he going to be in Rishi's outgoing honours list...

Beebo

Veteran
I'm enjoying seeing my local MP booted out. I'm hoping he gets booted out completely at the next election.
How long do we think before he gets offered another ministerial job? Or is he going to be in Rishi's outgoing honours list...

He’s my parents MP too.
I think the Lib Dem’s have this down as one of their top 10 target seats.
It used to be a 18,000 Con majority before Brexit.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just saw this:-

He adds that a decision on whether or not he will be the party’s candidate in Esher and Walton – a seat he has held since 2010 – will be down to the local association. But he says has been “overwhelmed” by the support he’s received from constituents and MPs.
As someone who lives in his constituency, I think that a good number (I suspect the majority) of his constituents think he's a useless bullying c*nt that does sod all for his constituency and who would be out of his depth managing a regional branch of PC world.

icowden

Legendary Member
Without going into specifics, people lost their lives in Afghanistan as a result of Raab's obstructive attitude to civil servants.
Good riddance.
Additionally he deliberately greatly exacerbated the current Court backlog leading to extreme delays in prosecuting cases including sexual assault and child abuse, by refusing to talk to or negotiate with the Bar council to improve funding for the Justice system and was directly responsible for the first ever strike by Barristers.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

multitool

Shaman
I see right-wing twitter is chicken full of pundits and politicians punting the line that Raab has been brought down by a CS blob, who run the country, and Raab was just a firm boss with high standards, and the self-proclaimed victims are just woke snowflakes.

How unlike the right-wing to be getting off on cruelty.

Top Bottom