The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

I see him as a warning about what happens when you let people who are 'a bit of a character' run anything more complicated than an eccentric niche book shop or similar.

Agreed.

If you were choosing a surgeon for your child's operation I think it's unlikely you would be persuaded by someone who you knew had been sacked from three hospitals, but was a bit of a character.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Agreed.

If you were choosing a surgeon for your child's operation I think it's unlikely you would be persuaded by someone who you knew had been sacked from three hospitals, but was a bit of a character.

Doesn't that largely depend on whether or not he/she was also promising to "Get Brexit Done", in which case my child's prognosis might be a secondary concern?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
apparently Johnson can;t hand over 'the phone'
you know - the one with all the possibly (even allegedly) incriminating WhatsApp messages because

he has forgotten the pin code
As far as retrieving the WhatsApp messages, that can be done very easily as they are not stored on the device anyway.

Put the SIM in another phone, install WhatsApp and recover your WA messages.

That’s all I did when I bricked my old phone.

mudsticks

Squire
Your friend and mine - Priti Patel is doing her bit for defining the attitude of the Tories

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...limate-change-priti-patel-sunak-b2384524.html

so - no chance of persuading people or offering incentives

mind you - the current situation (in this country) is all due to irresponsible climtae policies for the last decade so why change now when it is all going so well??

Just because she doesn't care about anyone else's future, she projects that stupid selfishness onto others.

It's as if she can't conceive of anyone else being willing to change their ways, or making any collective effort on behalf of others, because it's something she would never do herself.

A true Tory for our times.

icowden

Legendary Member
Just because she doesn't care about anyone else's future, she projects that stupid selfishness onto others.
It defies belief that people so devoid of thinking can rise so high in the UK Government. If she were a proper Conservative she would be embracing climate science, investing in green tech which is booming and building solar and wind farms to break dependency on Russia, build our capacity in the hope of making money from selling it. It's a capitalists dream but the current Government are too thick to see it and too dependent on the status quo.

mudsticks

Squire
It defies belief that people so devoid of thinking can rise so high in the UK Government. If she were a proper Conservative she would be embracing climate science, investing in green tech which is booming and building solar and wind farms to break dependency on Russia, build our capacity in the hope of making money from selling it. It's a capitalists dream but the current Government are too thick to see it and too dependent on the status quo.

Well I guess no one in this government wants anyone else there looking like they have any sense, or even basic concern for humanity do they?

They'd stick out like a sore thumb, and show the rest of the shower up..🙄

swee'pea99

Is it weird to have almost forgotten he was ever a prime minister of a major nation? He just seems like a washed up minor figure now, like a local old mayor who still gets in the paper or something.

The contrast with his populist peer over the pond is striking. A Trumpesque Bojo revival is unthinkable. Even people who voted for him are embarrassed.

That's not much, but it's something.

ebikeerwidnes

Well I guess no one in this government wants anyone else there looking like they have any sense, or even basic concern for humanity do they?

They'd stick out like a sore thumb, and show the rest of the shower up..🙄

We have discusse dthis several time in this house

In our opinion the last few leaders have gone through all the contenders that have the ability to think things through and anyone with anything similar with empathy
and sacked them all - or annoyed them so much they have gone back to the back benches

some have just given up and left Parliament - Rory Stewart comes to mind

the ones remaining are not really capable of doing the job properly - or have no concept of how real people think - hence they just default to doing what people like their small circle wants - and in their mind (using the word advisedly!) this can be extrapolated to the whole country

then they panic when there is a huge fuss

I presume there might be some on the back benches who could make a decent job of it - but they would never accept a job offer from the current leadership as they know they have no chance of actually doing what they know needs doing without interference from above

and the ones that try get "tested" by getting pushed onto politcal TV shows where they have to defend things they know are totally stupid - you can see them struggling to talk bollox

So - the government has no chance of doing a good job because the ability is not there
and - like all bad managers - a lot of the ministers fall back on micro management which takes away any common sence that civil servants and junior people might have injected
and - if any sence still remains - they insist on crazy deadlines to meet an unnecessary target just to prevent any possible reviews that might fix things before implementation

IMO - other opinions exist

ebikeerwidnes

Tories attempting to blacken the name of a human rights lawyer.
To help me write my autobiography, Conservative Campaign HQs prepared 4 pages of a dossier on me, my cases & membership of organisations, & sent it to the Sunday Sun, Express, Mail & Telegraph; A couple kindly sent me the dossier...
[Read on...] https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1688463835626094592.html

Clearly a Loonie Leftie Libtard Human RIghts lawyer - like what we have been hearing about

matticus

Guru

:laugh:

Strong vibes of
ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg

Top Bottom