The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well, here you go @mudsticks, I can't see this going particularly well but who knows?

I'm quite pleased that Killie have released their kits for next season already and they are both belters.

I'm still amused by the commentary by Alex Rae during the Europa League penalty shoot out, his comments about Aaron Ramsey and Allan McGregor are hilarious and essentially a failed audition to get a job with Rangers TV.

But more importantly, I'm still mystified as to why @PaulB thinks @shep isn't a Wolves fan.

mudsticks

Squire
Dunno what the fixture was but some pack of footie jokers let off a pink flare / firework on the platform as they alighted at Queen Street this morning .

Maybe unrelated but 15 mins later the whole station had to be evacuated due to a security incident

Thankfully we were allowed back before our train north departed.

Never a dull moment on a Mudsticks Holiday. :smile:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Dunno what the fixture was but some pack of footie jokers let off a pink flare / firework on the platform as they alighted at Queen Street this morning .

Maybe unrelated but 15 mins later the whole station had to be evacuated due to a security incident

Thankfully we were allowed back before our train north departed.

Never a dull moment on a Mudsticks Holiday. :smile:

Scottish Cup final at Hampden today. Not sure why it was pink as Rangers play in blue and Hearts in maroon. It'll only get more hectic as the day goes on so you've done well to get out early!

mudsticks

Squire
Scottish Cup final at Hampden today. Not sure why it was pink as Rangers play in blue and Hearts in maroon. It'll only get more hectic as the day goes on so you've done well to get out early!
It would have been Hearts I guess as they were mostly in maroon..

Maybe it was reddish before the smoke dispersed and became pinkish..

I excitedly thought we'd happened upon a pride march for a moment there 🌈💃☘️:laugh:

PaulB

Well, here you go @mudsticks, I can't see this going particularly well but who knows?

I'm quite pleased that Killie have released their kits for next season already and they are both belters.

I'm still amused by the commentary by Alex Rae during the Europa League penalty shoot out, his comments about Aaron Ramsey and Allan McGregor are hilarious and essentially a failed audition to get a job with Rangers TV.

But more importantly, I'm still mystified as to why @PaulB thinks @shep isn't a Wolves fan.

Mainly because what or who he 'supports' is immaterial to me as he's such an imbecile, he probably doesn't know himself.

mudsticks

Squire
There's a trans pride event in Paisley today!
Have fun...

I'm not sure if such hi jinks have reached Harris yet But I guess if we're lucky we might find an energetic event with lots of guys jigging about in skirts..

This one takes his ceilidgh dancing very seriously... 😇

PXL_20220520_093249614.jpg

And look we even have matchy matchy packs .

Isn't that just adorable 😍

Have fun...

I'm not sure if such hi jinks have reached Harris yet But I guess if we're lucky we might find an energetic event with lots of guys jigging about in skirts..

View attachment 1228

Hopefully you'll get there without being inconvenienced by the ferry hiatus.

Uig to Harris/Uist ferry Hebrides currently dry docked after hitting the pier at Lochmaddy on Thursday and out of service until 27-05-22. Hebridean Isles as been re-mustered but in spite of being built for the route is apparently unable to use Tarbert and will be a Uig-Lochmaddy shuttle.

Ullapool - Stornoway meanwhile may be a tad busy....

We're up there from 28-05-22 and hoping it's sorted by then.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
Hopefully you'll get there without being inconvenienced by the ferry hiatus.

Uig to Harris/Uist ferry Hebrides currently dry docked after hitting the pier at Lochmaddy on Thursday and out of service until 27-05-22. Hebridean Isles as been re-mustered but in spite of being built for the route is apparently unable to use Tarbert and will be a Uig-Lochmaddy shuttle.

Ullapool - Stornoway meanwhile may be a tad busy....

We're up there from 28-05-22 and hoping it's sorted by then.
Yes had heard that about the Uig Tarbert. hence heading for Ullapool / Stornoway

Hoping it won't be too much drama as foot passengers.

Otherwise we'll just steal a boat right ??

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Have fun...

View attachment 1228

Sadly I won't be there. Print deadlines beckoning...

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
:laugh: Derby, West Brom, whoever, it's immaterial just like you suggesting Martin Tyler was a Woking fan or something. Immaterial.

Why do you keep going on about it then?

I only brought up Tyler as you seemed to suggest he's biased towards Man Utd. Whatever.

Anyway, Scottish Cup Final in half an hour. Potentially a good game but the finals/playoff matches I've watched recently have been fairly dull, despite the media doing their best to make them sound exciting. Quite novel to have a televised match on at 3pm on a Saturday if nothing else!

Top Bottom