The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I thought I'd read they'd found a large reserve somewhere..

Doubtless somewhere 'not very nice'

There's a huge reserve in Tanzania but they're not due to start extracting it for a couple of years.

mudsticks

Squire
I'm far from an expert, just someone whose lab is running out of helium.

Yes yes I'm sure you know narthing, but for now you're the best Helium 'expert' we have to hand .
Unless anyone else wishes to step up with more fun 'He' facts..

Given it's the second most abundant element "In the Universe" couldn't we get one of these vanity rocket missions to harvest** some whilst out of our own atmosphere??

**Proudly displaying her total ignorance of how the stuff is extracted 🙄

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I do know more than you about this, evidently. So why you're challenging me I can't fathom.

MRI machines are cooled using liquid helium.

There you go. No change to my argument. Also I referred to labs. Helium is used as a carrier gas in gas chromatography. I was always referring to helium although I know there are other supplies we get from various countries which you may or may not with to be financially involved with.

You repeated the exact meaning of my argument back to me yet you're still here bickering about it. It's astonishing really.

Sorry everybody, I'll stop. The point I was making was relating to someone else after all and has been thoroughly trampled on by now.

Yeh, because i dont live with a retired nhs nurse…….farking clown

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Yes yes I'm sure you know narthing, but for now you're the best Helium 'expert' we have to hand .
Unless anyone else wishes to step up with more fun 'He' facts..

Given it's the second most abundant element "In the Universe" couldn't we get one of these vanity rocket missions to harvest** some whilst out of our own atmosphere??

**Proudly displaying her total ignorance of how the stuff is extracted 🙄

I think the more realistic solution is to develop superconducting magnets which work at higher temperatures. Then we can cool them using liquid nitrogen. That's easy, we've got a machine in a cupboard upstairs which makes that.

We also need to find a different carrier gas for GC. We can use hydrogen but it's a bit 'splody.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I'm far from an expert, just someone whose lab is running out of helium.

Just a shame your not running out of oxygen……

what i learnt at school was not to be that cock, that thinks hes a know it all arrogant prick. Maybe they should have taught you that too…..

mudsticks

Squire
Your sandwich shortage was funnier.

Maybe it's actually Jim who is the problem 🤔.
His 'abundancer' is faulty.. 😳

I think the more realistic solution is to develop superconducting magnets which work at higher temperatures. Then we can cool them using liquid nitrogen. That's easy, we've got a machine in a cupboard upstairs which makes that.

We also need to find a different carrier gas for GC. We can use hydrogen but it's a bit 'splody.

When they crack fusion at scale there will be a glut in the market. Can you wait forty years?

Top Bottom