The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Mayonnaise,Ketchup ! How about something more traditional Cheese and Gravy ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Mayonnaise,Ketchup ! How about something more traditional Cheese and Gravy ?

gravy yes, mint gravy even better.....but not cheese, i see no point in cheese on chips

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
A ketchup fan myself, but, mayonnaise or brown sauce as a fall back choice is acceptable.

The problem, to me, is the quality (or lack of) of the chips, don’t seem able to get real chips, cooked in beef dripping anymore.

Idle cooks get down to Aldi and buy their beef dripping triple-cooked chips. . (Lidl triple-cooked are not quite as good. A bit stingy on the fat, I think. If you like a bit of crunch to your fat chips so that they've set out on the journey to roast potatoes, an air fryer is recommended. And while I'm still within parentheses, freshly ground black pepper should be added to mayonnaise.)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's not so much the oil, it's the double-frying (fry, rest, fry) that's important.

Yes, I have noticed the current "fashion" for double cooked, or, even, triple cooked chips, in various eateries I frequent, whilst better than McCains, still not as I remember them (chips). Maybe I just need to take off the Rose Tinted spectacles, whilst eating chips? ;)

BoldonLad

Idle cooks get down to Aldi and buy their beef dripping triple-cooked chips. . (Lidl triple-cooked are not quite as good. A bit stingy on the fat, I think. If you like a bit of crunch to your fat chips so that they've set out on the journey to roast potatoes, an air fryer is recommended. And while I'm still within parentheses, freshly ground black pepper should be added to mayonnaise.)

Well.. thank you for that, next trip to Aldi or Lidl I shall try some of those.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Nothing wrong with that. Traditional in Belgium, but seems to have become common here as well.

It is common. :whistle:

It was possibly acceptable as a friendly gesture to our partner members when we were in the EU, but now we have left we can go back to eating the good old British way.

Bazzer

Oh FFS, BBC still can't let go.
Thanks to some tenuous connection to our region, (which doesn't even have a royal residence), the local news has had to replay parts of the funeral.
Even Mrs B, who is a royalist and had the good fortune to be out of the country for several days after QE2 died, said it was now overkill.

BoldonLad

Oh FFS, BBC still can't let go.
Thanks to some tenuous connection to our region, (which doesn't even have a royal residence), the local news has had to replay parts of the funeral.
Even Mrs B, who is a royalist and had the good fortune to be out of the country for several days after QE2 died, said it was now overkill.

Same here National (BBC) news and local (BBC) news still full of funeral stuff. Mrs @BoldonLad switched from Royalist to Republican when they cancelled her soaps on the first evening ;)

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There's more talk on another thread of 'lefty' bias on the forum so I thought we'd better all know where we stand.

Screenshot_20220920-190115_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom