The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Political threads on a political forum?

Whatever next!

I take it you grasped we were talking about how to make the forum more appealing to women?

A few political threads, obviously, but don't kid yourself loads of copycat threads slagging off the government are of of much general appeal to women, or men for that matter.

If you must be stupid, the board title also includes 'news, current affairs, and', so there's plenty of scope there.

I would suggest that general discussion forums are, for the most part, all male dominated.

Mumsnet might be an exception but I cannot find many others.

multitool

Screenshot_20230819_100135_Samsung Internet.jpg

72% of electorate don't intend to vote for the incumbent government.

Pretty much reflects what is happening on this forum.

All uphill

I take it you grasped we were talking about how to make the forum more appealing to women?

A few political threads, obviously, but don't kid yourself loads of copycat threads slagging off the government are of of much general appeal to women, or men for that matter.

If you must be stupid, the board title also includes 'news, current affairs, and', so there's plenty of scope there.

A woman appears and this is the response?

I can't imagine why people (men and women) stay away in their droves. Its a mystery.

D

Deleted member 121

I don't think NCAP/NACA is supposed to appeal to outsiders, whatever their gender, mostly by design. On search engines, topics and replies show up but is locked behind 2 sign in processes and access to this area of the forum requires specific contact with a moderator. Those on the main forum are aware of this place and regularly take the p1ss out of it with good reason a lot of the time so the marketing for this far corner of CC is by far not in its favour...

mudsticks

Squire
I would suggest that general discussion forums are, for the most part, all male dominated.

Male and dominated are two words that are often found together.

As women trying to talk politics we experience everyday sexism - so ubiquitous and baked in, that hardly any one even noticed or remarks upon it .

And if anyone points it out "Oh no - a feminist" 🙄

Or "Only joking" if the misogyny doesn't quite land so well 🙄

'Womens issues' - which are more often than not problems that women experience - but which are in fact created by men - those being thoroughly marginalised.

See 'Who cares?' Thread, for further details.

And there's quite probably large dollop of women not feeling 'allowed' to explore ideas, or being shouted down before they've even got started.

If they ever feel qualified to award themselves the time to join discussion forums in the first place.

Tone policing - see 'shrill' 'bossy' 'school marm' 'hysterical' 'strident' 'ball breaker' etc etc.

I could go on..

But then of course I'd be 'Going On'.. 🙄

And anyhow, this bike isn't going to ride itself..

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
It's just a discussion on why the forum appeals to few women and, by extension, how it might be made to appeal to more.

For a guy who laments so regularly on other threads that someone else’s post is not on topic, you sure like derailing threads with off-topic stuff.

This thread’s about The Queen / The Monarchy.
Nothing’s stopping you creating a thread for whatever discussion you want to have.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Should this be in the "Good News" thread ;)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Over in "the other place" there is currently a quite lengthy wrangle going on about setting the temperature in the passenger compartment of a Tesla.

My wife and four daughters tell me they have more interesting things to concern themselves with. ;)

Top Bottom