The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

Good reminder - only a week left. I know lots of people who've used the Will Aid scheme. What's really important is to make sure your relatives know where the will is held and preferably have a copy. You can register wills but it's not compulsory and you don't want the kids having to chase round a dozen local solicitors to find it.

Ian H

Guru
Good reminder - only a week left. I know lots of people who've used the Will Aid scheme. What's really important is to make sure your relatives know where the will is held and preferably have a copy. You can register wills but it's not compulsory and you don't want the kids having to chase round a dozen local solicitors to find it.

Why shouldn't I make them work to inherit my debts?

Ian H

Guru
First post op / skin shedding photo of Kate withdrawn due to image manipulation.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...incess-of-wales-withdrawn-due-to-manipulation

Do odd looking fingers run in the family? Has Kate lost her wedding ring?

Image manipulation has been going on for years - remember the rows about photographs, particularly of women, airbrushed or photoshopped to match voyeuristic 'ideals'. It's just easier to do now, and, I suspect, an ingrained habit with some editors.

MrGrumpy

Regular
There seem to be lots of people saying that the photoshopping is obvious and nobody prepared to explain what the 'obvious' issues are, just pictures with red circles drawn on them isn't an explanation....

C R

Über Member
There seem to be lots of people saying that the photoshopping is obvious and nobody prepared to explain what the 'obvious' issues are, just pictures with red circles drawn on them isn't an explanation....

The press agencies have pointed to an issue with the angle between the sleeve and the hand of their daughter. The graun had the details.

Mr Celine

1710158347924.png

Look at the cuff of the pink sleeve. It disappears. And who's wearing a grey jersey?

I've looked 3 times and still can't see any issues. That said, I think keeping an eye on manipulated photos is a good thing. After all, if a photo is being presented as a true image of what was there, you can't go editing it willy nilly. Of course anything to do with the royals is going to attract more publicity, but perhaps stamping out any possibility of a grey area is a good thing?

Reactions: C R

Beebo

Veteran
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but issuing a touched up photo to specifically dispel any worries is never going to be acceptable to the nut jobs.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
She's issued an apology explaining that she edited the photo herself, which sounds plausible as she is known to be an amateur photographer. The populace can put their tin foil hats back in the drawer.

All uphill

She's issued an apology explaining that she edited the photo herself, which sounds plausible as she is known to be an amateur photographer. The populace can put their tin foil hats back in the drawer.

Spoilsport.

The one subject where I would enjoy a good conspiracy theory and they've shut it down (To hide the truth, obviously).

• Laugh
Top Bottom