This forum and the current state of affairs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Terns! I like them. They're such elegant fliers. It seems a shame to class them alongside common gulls or, indeed, our own house gull.

The big Northumberland colonies have been hit badly by avian flu. 😢

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...flu-rips-through-internationally-24455827.amp

icowden

Legendary Member
I find it ridiculous that you get on your high horse because someone refers to you as a bird but wouldn't care less about being called a c*nt?
Out of interest @shep do you also inform young ladies if they have "nice pair" and pinch them on the bottom to show them how attractive they are?

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
The big Northumberland colonies have been hit badly by avian flu. 😢

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...flu-rips-through-internationally-24455827.amp

Before hearing of the flu outbreak I wondered at the sight of two dead gannets on the beach at Druridge Bay not so long ago, being enthusiastically re-cycled by some crows. Yet corvid colonies seem unaffected; they're bossing everything with their customary swagger and numbers.
Four jays conferring the other morning.
Yellowhammers galore in the hedgerows this year.
Last year was the dragonfly summer, constantly being chivvied along out of the territories of big dragonflies, like scenes from Dune. This is the year of the yellowhammer. And of playful and fearless young stoats. And of naive and short-lived young hares: four of them dotted along the road-side verges of an early morning, ineffectually fleeing at my stealthy approach. Young, presumably, and nudged to the marginal roadside territories by bigger, older hares. All dead now, bloody stains on the tarmac courtesy the Northumbrian driver.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
All dead now, bloody stains on the tarmac courtesy the Northumbrian driver.

I don't think I've ever since as many corpses per mile as when I rode the A6341 from Alnwick to Rothbury.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Dunno what it's like in that direction, but had you said you rode the B6341 from Rothbury to Alnwick I'd've gone to the foot of my stairs, I would.

Ian H

Guru
Down here there are a remarkable number of badger corpses at the roadside. I doubt that they were all roadkill.

Top Bottom