This Just In!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
I had it in mind he once wore a hairpiece, but could well be wrong about that.

Yes, he did.

But an ironic one.

18_52_46_images.jpg

I had it in mind he once wore a hairpiece, but could well be wrong about that.

OK, if his name hadn't rhymed with cough I'd have got it straight away.

My recollection is that he was sparse on top from watching Grandstand in black and white but it's a long time since his fall from grace never mind the sixties...

Pale Rider

Veteran
OK, if his name hadn't rhymed with cough I'd have got it straight away.

In case anyone is wondering WTF we are on about - syrup of figs to mean wigs.

Commonly used in the singular and abbreviated to 'syrup', just to make life harder for those trying to decipher it all.

Several like that, including 'titfer' from tit for tat to mean hat.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Bit of speculation on Twitter but could easily be a regional presenter or minor sports presenter as you'd expect the bigger names to be more aware of what a risk it was. Doesn't say if the victim was male or female. I'm guessing male. Seems odd when there are websites specifically set up to sell stuff like this where you would pay a lot less - average earnings on Only Fans is about £160 a month.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Try this one for size: 'tumble', although it may be on Google.

Mmm, no reply to this one.

Tumble means drink.

The convoluted origin is tumble down the sink, which of course does rhyme with drink.

I've heard it used, a colleague when I worked in London would sometime ask: "Fancy a quick tumble after work?"

Pale Rider

Veteran
BBC presenters are lining up to rule themselves out of the latest Celebrity Stakes.

Rylan Clark, Jeremy Vine and Gary Lineker have all declared themselves as non-runners.

Someone should run a book.

Top Bottom