Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

That's because I don't make dumb assertions.

By the way, have you anything to say on topic or are you going to spend another thread having a pop at me?

On topic, go on try it.

No you just crap out anodyne waffle.

Love your special pleading though.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
No you just crap out anodyne waffle.

Love your special pleading though.

Come on, a post on topic.

What part of that sentence do you not understand?

I'm sure, despite being a pig ignorant moron, you could manage one or possibly two if you tried extra hard.

You are going to be very busy boy if you are going to attempt to talk away every case of debanking.

There's bound to be some thieves and vagabonds among the debanked, but it looks like many may have a point.

The suggestion from Farage et al is that the banks are capriciously debanking people, ie closing their accounts, by the thousand. All I'm saying is that Shapps is a PEP and Ukraine lady was outwith the UK for an extended period and had no mechanism in place to allow contact to be made by her bank. I suspect a lot of cases are along similar lines to her. The bank might, arguably, have done more but the conclusion of closure was not one that no reasonable bank could have come to.

Interesting article linked by @Adam4868 which focuses on the unbanked, those without an account, rather than the debanked who've had one closed. That, as a form of financial exclusion, is a real social campaign issue and, as you might expect, one my own employer - an advice charity - are on to.

multitool

Come on, a post on topic.

What part of that sentence do you not understand?

I'm sure, despite being a pig ignorant moron, you could manage one or possibly two if you tried extra hard.

"Pig ignorant moron" :laugh:. I'm infinitely brighter, better-educated, and more highly cultured than you, and you can't stand it.

I just did post on topic. You posted meaningless, fact-free supposition, hence your use of "looks like", and "may". I pointed it out.

Why do you think your posts should be exempt from scrutiny? Is it because you are a snowflake? I thought you hated them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

The suggestion from Farage et al is that the banks are capriciously debanking people, ie closing their accounts, by the thousand. All I'm saying is that Shapps is a PEP and Ukraine lady was outwith the UK for an extended period and had no mechanism in place to allow contact to be made by her bank. I suspect a lot of cases are along similar lines to her. The bank might, arguably, have done more but the conclusion of closure was not one that no reasonable bank could have come to.

Interesting article linked by @Adam4868 which focuses on the unbanked, those without an account, rather than the debanked who've had one closed. That, as a form of financial exclusion, is a real social campaign issue and, as you might expect, one my own employer - an advice charity - are on to.
But should banking be a basic service that can't be denied to customers as long as what they're doing is legal, or are banks are free to pick their clients based on whatever criteria they like ?

multitool

But should banking be a basic service that can't be denied to customers as long as what they're doing is legal, or are banks are free to pick their clients based on whatever criteria they like ?

There is a legal right to a basic banking service, but beyond that banks can choose which services they offer. What they cant do is discriminate against people for race, gender etc. But they can reject customers for reputational risk.

The nub of this is that Farage was not de-banked, as he claims. He was offered a Nat West account, and I've yet to see any indication that he was refused a given service.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
"Pig ignorant moron" :laugh:

I just did post on topic. You posted meaningless, fact-free supposition, hence your use of "looks like", and "may". I pointed it out.

Why do you think your posts should be exempt from scrutiny? Is it because you are a snowflake?

More dumb assertions.

Do you honestly throwing nothing other than insults is 'scrutiny'

I am not scrutinising you, I am observing you a pig ignorant moron.

An impression reinforced by every post you make.

Pointing out that looks like and may are doing some heavy lifting isn't exactly off topic.

It is pointless and moronic, merely yet another personal attack from this poster.

I wouldn't waste my time picking similar examples from your posts.

Except this once.

The bank might, arguably, have done more

There is a legal right to a basic banking service, but beyond that banks can choose which services they offer.

The nub of this is that Farage was not de-banked, as he claims. He was offered a Bat West account, and I've yet to see any indication that he was refused a given service.

Well done, top stuff, see, you can do it.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You are going to be very busy boy if you are going to attempt to talk away every case of debanking.

There's bound to be some thieves and vagabonds among the debanked, but it looks like many may have a point.

No one needs to talk away every case of debanking.

It is up to those who claim there 'may be' lots of de-banking due to political or 'woke' decisions to talk about the evidence in every case.

The onus is on those who make a claim to prove it, not the other way round...except on internet forums, apparently.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

There is a legal right to a basic banking service, but beyond that banks can choose which services they offer. What they can do is discriminate against people for race, gender etc. But they can reject customers for reputational risk.

The nub of this is that Farage was not de-banked, as he claims. He was offered a Bat West account, and I've yet to see any indication that he was refused a given service.
Coutts felt there was "reputational risk" in providing services to Farage ?
I couldn't give two fecks about Farage to be honest,but their again I feel pretty much the same about banks.

multitool

More dumb assertions.

Do you honestly throwing nothing other than insults is 'scrutiny'

Pointing out your use of subjunctive mood (look it up brainbox) is not insult.

Your response was insult.

Well done, top stuff, see, you can do it.

Neither I, nor anyone else, need or seek your approbation.

That you receive so much negative critique from posters might (see, subjunctive) be an artefact of your posting style and content.

multitool

Coutts felt there was "reputational risk" in providing services to Farage

Yes. But Farage also ceased to comply with the financial stipulations required to hold an account at Coutts.

I'd suggest they took the opportunity to offload him in conjunction with concerns about his reputation.

If anything I am heartened by this story, purely because it demonstrates that businesses do not want to be associated with hard racist populism.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Your response was insult.

Well spotted.

That you receive so much negative critique from posters might (see, subjunctive) be an artefact of your posting style and content.

Woke lefties cannot stand any alternative view and are so dense their only reply is insults.

This has been going on for years and years - long before you arrived in the tent and started p*ssing in it.

Top Bottom