Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Well spotted.

Woke lefties cannot stand any alternative view and are so dense their only reply is insults.

And yet it is you that is the angry hothead screaming out insults when somebody criticises your views.

You have an almost religious zealotry about you. That your views stand up on their own and are so self-evident that no evidence is required. And you scream and shout like a toddler when challenged.

Not very edifying behaviour for a person with such a high opinion of himself :laugh:

D

Deleted member 159

But should banking be a basic service that can't be denied to customers as long as what they're doing is legal, or are banks are free to pick their clients based on whatever criteria they like ?

Yes it is a basic service, more so now with just about every transaction being a digital operation.

If it's legal banks should not be allowed to close accounts.

That doesn't mean a bank could not add additional charges if the account is more awkward to manage. These charges should be proportional and not excessive

multitool

Yes it is a basic service, more so now with just about every transaction being a digital operation.

The banking group offered another account.

It did not deny Farage banking.

You don't seem to have grasped this. Farage is manipulating you very successfully.

D

Deleted member 159

You don't seem to have grasped this. Farage is manipulating you very successfully.

He was only offered an account after going public. He was not offered a business account which he had at Coutts

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
And yet it is you that is the angry hothead screaming out insults when somebody criticises your views.

You have an almost religious zealotry about you. That your views stand up on their own and are so self-evident that no evidence is required. And you scream and shout like a toddler when challenged.

Not very edifying behaviour for a person with such a high opinion of himself :laugh:

You have insulted me dozens of times, usually when the post has nothing directly to do with you.

As I've said, I reserve the right to give a bit back - something else woke lefties cannot take.

Are you sure you weren't on the old NACA board.

You are behaving just like the lefties on there.

multitool

You have insulted me dozens of times, usually when the post has nothing directly to do with you.

As I've said, I reserve the right to give a bit back - something else woke lefties cannot take.

Are you sure you weren't on the old NACA board.

You are behaving just like the lefties on there.

Every post here has something to do with me, because I'm a poster here.

But do you know what? It isn't your shît posts that are your greatest crime. It's that you are boring. Which is unforgivable.

"Woke lefties". Can you not even think up your own lines without reaching for the most pedestrian and tired of clichés?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
I would suggest that anyone who repeatedly uses this phrase to describe people he disagrees with is in no position to moan about being insulted.

Another dumb assertion, making the rest of your post worst than useless.

I have never moaned about being insulted on here.

So why make stuff up?

Of course, you are desperate to make your facetious point.

I don't expect you to understand, but I only insult people who insult me.

I'm more than happy to read a reasoned rebuttal, but very few posters on here are capable of doing that.

T'was ever thus - a carbon copy of the old NACA board.

Every post here has something to do with me, because I'm a poster here.

But do you know what? It isn't your shît posts that are your greatest crime. It's that you are boring. Which is unforgivable.

"Woke lefties". Can you not even think up your own lines without reaching for the most pedestrian and tired of clichés?

For someone who is boring I seem to get an awful lot of attention.

Woke leftie does it for me, I mean 'gammon' hardly qualifies as cutting edge does it?

All you can say is my posts are 'shoot' - typical in depth and reasoned response from a woke leftie.

multitool

So why make stuff up?

I'm more than happy to read a reasoned rebuttal, but very few posters on here are capable of doing that.

Woke leftie does it for me, I mean 'gammon' hardly qualifies as cutting edge does it?

All you can say is my posts are 'shoot' - typical in depth and reasoned response from a woke leftie.

Quoting because comedy gold

Rusty Nails

Country Member

So why make stuff up?

Do you actually know the meaning of the word facetious?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

That doesn't mean a bank could not add additional charges if the account is more awkward to manage. These charges should be proportional and not excessive

Banks provide all kinds of accounts, most with some form of “qualifying” condition, eg minimum monthly deposit, minimum number of direct debits per month…., and with a variety of “perks”, eg overdraft, cash back….. Whilst it may be an obligation to provide a BASIC account (which would typically exclude such qualifying conditions, AND, perks,), I see nothing wrong with closing a customers account if they do not meet the qualifying conditions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 159

Do you not agree that a bank account is a right for every individual? Even a business account if you are running a business.?

What is so contentious about that right.

Or is it just the fact Nigel Farage is the spearhead of the campaign?

Top Bottom