Time for a PEP talk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
If there was no issue with banks N Farage would have been able to transfer his accounts no problems. 10 other banks have rejected him.

He has been blacklisted. Coutts have put a mark against him

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
No "little people" have had their accounts closed by Coutts. No "little people" bank with Coutts.

No one is saying that.

What Farage is saying is that he has been contacted by others, who bank with various banks, who have had their accounts closed for non-financial reasons.

The starting point is Coutts, which may well only involve Farage.

The next step is to examine the conduct of Coutts' owners, RBS, which then brings in RBS and Nat West.

My brother told me he was involved in a lot of PEP cases when he worked for Nat West as a senior commercial manager.

It must be the case the other banks have PEP/account closure stories to tell.

I daresay most of those account holders will have been Pepped in line with the regulations, but it also looks certain some have not.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran

The titled chief executive of a major clearing bank has been forced to publicly apologise to a customer.

Obviously nothing to see here, it's that bloody Farage telling porkies again.

multitool

Pharaoh
If there was no issue with banks N Farage would have been able to transfer his accounts no problems. 10 other banks have rejected him.

He has been blacklisted. Coutts have put a mark against him

No he hasn't.

Coutts is owned by NatWest.

NatWest offered him an account.

multitool

Pharaoh
The titled chief executive of a major clearing bank has been forced to publicly apologise to a customer.

Obviously nothing to see here, it's that bloody Farage telling porkies again.

PR management.

Coutts have handled this pretty badly. A PR disaster that could have been avoided by not closing his account because he posed no reputational threat. Not because he isn't a racist piece of shìt, bit because nobody knew he banked with Coutts.

Bank chief has apologised to kill the story, that is all.

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Not because he isn't a racist piece of shìt, bit because nobody knew he banked with Coutts.

Let it out multifool

20230720_190905.gif

Top Bottom