Tory MP stabbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You make my point for me, but this is no longer the thread in which to continue that line of thought.

?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's not a surprise is it? The way that politicians are spoken about, that language gives people permission to do terrible things with a degree of feeling that it is ok.

On this board at the moment we have a whole thread using the word Nazi to describe a female Asian politician, that is appalling.

There are probably enough examples of left leaning posters on here (in about the 2 weeks or so this new board has been up) calling conservatives scum, homophobic, heartless, callous, butchers etc to fill a book. None of you will choose to see it though. In fact some of the posts on here remind of the famous sketch......

View: https://youtu.be/H1dmFwDFnKI

Cirrus

You make my point for me, but this is no longer the thread in which to continue that line of thought.
It wasn't the thread to continue that line of thought when he was bleeding out.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
On this forum, pretty much yes, and I say that as someone slightly left of centre.
I’m fairly central but expect my politicians to act with integrity. (And by all accounts Amess was a good man, but he was a backbencher with no leadership ambitions)
The problem as I see it is that the current leaders in government have no integrity and are such a shower that they almost bring it upon themselves with their gaslighting of the population.
I would never condone violence but a few heated words are OK.

D

Deleted member 49

On this forum, pretty much yes, and I say that as someone slightly left of centre.
But thats because the majority on here aren't Tory voters....although I do remember a fair amount of hate for Corbyn ?
You don't need to look far with the current goverment for hate speech.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
On this board at the moment we have a whole thread using the word Nazi to describe a female Asian politician, that is appalling.
Should she get a free pass for being a vicious, bigoted, hard-line authoritarian monster because of the colour of her skin?

Do you think 'Priti Nazi' is an appropriate title for a thread?
It makes its point very succinctly, so yes. I think I would have gone with 'Priti Hate Machine', but that might have been lost on those who aren't fans of '90s industrial rock.

D

Deleted member 49

Do you think 'Priti Nazi' is an appropriate title for a thread?

Was it the Nazis that had immunity from conviction ?
Screenshot_20211015-192758.png

pubrunner

RIP....terrible news.Not the time to play point scoring or politics.

Agreed !

Whichever political side people are on, I think it's time that we as a country took a look at ourselves and calmed down on the divisive rhetoric. All too frequently, this is driven from the politicians (from all Parties) at the top and in the limelight - just look at the way they carry on in parliament.

For the most part, MPs in the house call each other by the seemingly arcane terms ‘Honourable Member', or ‘Honourable Friend’ etc. It implies respect for those with views different from their own, and helps defuse any personal rancour in political argument. Sadly, we are frequently seeing a much more bitter type of politics, the no compromise 'take it or f**k off type'. And that needs to change - not enough MPs are displaying dignity in (& out of) the job.

Society and civilisation only works, if we are decent to one another. That is irrespective of opinions, politics or any other potential divisions.

Ultimately, a 69 year old married father of five, still working past retirement age to do a job he's passionate about, gets stabbed to death in broad daylight. Utterly sickening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom