USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I would like to state now that he’ll be let off the hook. The Judges in the states are super corrupt.
If he did get prosecuted then it’s open season for the rest of the criminal politicians.
The thing is that the charges are not necessarily political. That's his weak point. The charges are about his financial affairs and fraud.

Reactions: C R

Milzy

The thing is that the charges are not necessarily political. That's his weak point. The charges are about his financial affairs and fraud.

True it happened before office but I’d still bet you 10 GBP he will get off.

Beebo

Veteran
I would like to state now that he’ll be let off the hook. The Judges in the states are super corrupt.
If he did get prosecuted then it’s open season for the rest of the criminal politicians.
View attachment 3579
I have no recollection of how Clinton handled hush money.
Paying the hush money isn’t really the issue.
It’s the false accounting for the money that is the problem for Trump.
Strangely Fox News don’t tend to mention that bit.

icowden

Legendary Member
I have no recollection of how Clinton handled hush money.
Paying the hush money isn’t really the issue.
It’s the false accounting for the money that is the problem for Trump.
Exactly. Clinton made a public settlement. It was not hidden away. Trump denied it and falsified the payment.

Strangely Fox News don’t tend to mention that bit.
They are very selective with their news. I think they might be getting old Rupe in a bit of trouble though.

Bazzer

34 charges though :whistle:
Interesting that included in there is not just the expected hush money to Stormy Daniels and a previous woman, but also to a doorman at Trump Tower. Apparently to buy his silence for an alleged child born outside of his marriage.
I was surprised a gagging order was not made against Trump. Although the judge may see things differently, once he realises that during the hearing Don Jnr, doxed his daughter

D

Deleted member 49

Solidarity 👊
Screenshot_20230404-215858-100.png

Milzy

So let's parse this out: She tries to extort Trump for "hush money". He pays, which is not a crime. She violates the agreement, going public, and he sues. She looses, and has to pay damages.
But 7 years later, an ambitious and partisan DA, who's policy is to downgrade felonies to misdemeanors, upgrades this misdemeanor to a felony. On a bookkeeping violation.
Really?? I told you so.

Top Bottom