USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Having falsely claimed in the presidential debate that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, were eating people's pets, various town officials have been doxxed and subject to bomb threats. Several public buildings have also had bomb and shooting threats.
In echoes of Trump's behaviour on 6 January, having piled up the kindling and then doused it with petrol, Trump has refused to condemn the threats made in the town.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-faces-backlash-springfield-bomb-threat-response-1954022

Beebo

Veteran
2nd assassination attempt in as many months.
The USA is an absolute tinderbox waiting to explode.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
When I initially watched Civil War earlier this year I didn't think it was a particularly realistic take on how things would pan out in the US.

But with this, amongst other things, it's now creeping up the list. It's not quite reached Terminator levels yet (which minus the time travel I still think is a possibility) but it's closing the gap.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
The problem here is that with Trump essentially threatening civil war if he loses those attempting to kill him add more kindling.
Seems this guy was very pro Ukraine, pro human rights and certainly a good bit short of a full shilling.

The Jan 6 thing and fake electors plot are much part of civil war. Hitler had many attempts on his life too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: C R

Beebo

Veteran
The problem here is that with Trump essentially threatening civil war if he loses those attempting to kill him add more kindling.
Seems this guy was very pro Ukraine, pro human rights and certainly a good bit short of a full shilling.

The Jan 6 thing and fake electors plot are much part of civil war. Hitler had many attempts on his life too.

And as if by magic Trump has just issued a new post on Truth Social
“FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT”.
Which will do nothing but fan the flames.

albion

Guru
'After deleting the post, Mr Musk tweeted that "one lesson I've learned is that just because I say something to a group and they laugh doesn't mean it's going to be all that hilarious as a post on X." '
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c74882jq39vo.amp

More than one lesson ! And what was his context? I can guess he would not say as it would no doubt undermine Trumps prospects.

Top Bottom