USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I can only conclude that Charlotte Owen is either having an affair with Johnson or knows some secrets
My vote is with the "she has something incriminating on him". He wouldn't have elevated her to the Lords just because he was having it off with her. He's done that because she's got him by the short and curlies.

Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
Another trial begins, this one against 'Trump Train' supporters who dangerously vehicle surrounded the democratic campaign bus. This led to a campaign event cancellation.

They violated an aptly named Klu Klux Klan act.

C R

Über Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910-033438_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910-033438_Chrome.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 18

AndyRM

Elder Goth
She shouldn't be. She was a very able prosecutor and district attorney so she should be able to confidently take Trump to pieces. She should ber able to run circles around him.

I don't disagree at all.

She's been articulate, intelligent, thoughtful and balanced in the responses she's given whenever I've seen her televised. The polar opposite of Trump essentially.

But none of that really counts in the pantomime of these debates. The mics being turned off will work in her favour I think, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump storm off then start making ridiculous statements about being silenced/censored.

Reactions: C R

Bazzer

Well that Presidential debate showed Trump to be an incoherent, rambling, old man, whose closest proximity to the White House should be Rikers Island prison in New York.
Still an election denier
Blaming anyone but himself for the 6 January riot.
As commander in chief at the time of the riot, he was not responsible for the security of the Capitol, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was.
Claiming under Roe v Wade that babies were being killed at 9 months and after birth.
Claimed "Democrats and everyone" wanted Roe v Wade overturned. (Which will be news to many Democrats and Republicans).
Refusing to rule out Federal legislation or a veto, that would overturn States own legislation, where they vote to implement abortion legislation.
Claims immigrants were eating pets in Ohio. - He had seen the claim on TV!
Showed he was prepared to cede Ukraine to Russia.
Seemingly feels sorry for the number of Russians who have died, after invading another sovereign state.
Denies knowledge of project 2025, despite video evidence pointing to the contrary.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Despite having friends and relatives in the US (who I'm pretty sure won't be voting for Trump) if he's re-elected I will have to consider my position on Americans being fools.

icowden

Legendary Member
Well that Presidential debate showed Trump to be an incoherent, rambling, old man, whose closest proximity to the White House should be Rikers Island prison in New York.
Yes, a masterful approach by Kamala Harris and her team. They went for Trump's major weakness and it showed. He just can't stand being made fun of and ridiculed. He can't ignore a negative point made against him - just picks it up and makes himself look even more stupid.

Plus someone somewhere thought it would be a great idea to spread some fake social media pretending that Taylor Swift would vote for Trump which has compelled her to make a public statement that she endorses Kamala Harris. Her influence is thought to be huge, given her number of loyal fans. She even had a pop at Vance by signing off as "childless cat lady".

Let's hope that Harris keeps up this momentum. Her team is raising more money than Trump which is usually a good sign in US Presidential Elections. IIRC the campaign with the most funds pretty much always wins.

albion

Guru
I think the plan is interesting. Highlighting the idiocy of Trump will make a tiny few realise they are being taken for fools.
Trump is staking everything on his Hitlerish masterplan of mass deportations.

It very much feels a 1930s style. Of course the ending the Ukraine Russia war is a near total lie, that simply shoving Europe off a cliff edge and the US aligning with fellow dictators.
Harris wisely referred to Trumps 'dictator friends' rather than referring to Trumps co-runner feel, 'Orban'.

icowden

Legendary Member
Given the apparently polarised views of so many Americans, I wonder how many minds that debate will change.
They will be hoping that it changes the ones that count. They know that the real redneck states aren't going to change, but the key states like Pennsylvania are the ones where they need to convince people that Harris is a better choice as well as ensuring that they continue to win the usually outward facing democratic states.

There are really only 7 states that matter: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, with Pennsylvania probably being the most important as it has the most electoral college votes.

Last edited:

albion

Guru
Trump was on at least two repetitive fronts, the 2nd being that he is the man to elect to avoid WW3.
With him we will certainly be revisiting that 1930s style failed appeasement of Hitler.

Top Bottom