USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

' the typical purpose of a probation interview is to obtain information on Trump’s social and criminal history, financial resources, history of mental health, physical or addiction issues as well as to assess his living situation.'

Also might be useful for his lawyer to be carrying sticky tape. Could be a long long interview.
If he gets probation, he is not allowed to associate with criminals. So that going to exclude people like Bannon and Navarro. Although Trump will probably consider them and others in his former circle as canon fodder anyway.

albion

Guru

matticus

Guru
Now let’s take bets on whether Biden pardons his own son.
The bookies wouldn’t offer odd if it was Trump pardoning his own son.
In a statement, he [Biden] vowed to accept the outcome of the trial, and promised not to grant his son a presidential pardon.

“As I said last week, I am the president, but I am also a dad,” the president said in his statement. “Jill and I love our son, and we are so proud of the man he is today.”

“So many families who have had loved ones battle addiction understand the feeling of pride seeing someone you love come out the other side and be so strong and resilient in recovery,” the president continued. “As I also said last week, I will accept the outcome of this case and will continue to respect the judicial process as Hunter considers an appeal. Jill and I will always be there for Hunter and the rest of our family with our love and support. Nothing will ever change that.”

----------------------------------

Meanwhille, the trump camp just ooze class:
'His campaign issued a brief statement; press secretary Karoline Leavitt called the trial “a distraction from the real crimes of the Biden Crime Family”.'

Bazzer

Since being convicted in a criminal court, Trump now denies saying that Hilary Clinton should be locked up for offences she was never charged with.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/tru...-lock-her-up-about-2016-rival-clinton-5803988
This from the same vindictive person who had Michael Cohen put back into solitary confinement, following which Cohen had to seek a writ of habeas corpus in order to get released back to home confinement.

albion

Guru
Likely means the far right appointees decided it more prudent to delay so as not to jeopardise the presidential election.

Reactions: C R

Bazzer

I did wonder about that.
Given that someone having standing should be pretty fundamental to a lawsuit, and it was raised at the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, (a conservative panel), I can't help feeling the Appellant court thought this was slam dunk following the Roe v Wade reversal.

Top Bottom