USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
He’s continuing to undermine the whole process, calling it a disgrace.
So by association is undermining the entire US legal system, which is extremely dangerous for a politician to do.
Especially when the evidence is so clear that he did pay the money.
One man’s ego could bring down an entire country in his own shoot show.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So by association is undermining the entire US legal system, which is extremely dangerous for a politician to do.

I don't think it'll get that far, but you're right that his ego is off the scale. It's nuts that despite everything he does which is utterly insane, he just brushes it off like he's forgotten it ever happened.

If he wasn't already a weird orange mutant, I'd say there was a cloaked picture in a darkened room somewhere getting progressively more hideous.

Reactions: C R

Bazzer

The legal system in America appears already to be undermined by the right wing conservatives. The billionaires who have funded Republican appointed judges from circuit judges such as Aileen Cannon in Florida to the Supreme Court Justices such as Thomas and Allito, to attend all expenses paid for trips where a right wing agenda is promoted.
The billionaires/multimillionaires who provide funds which are channeled to hundreds of right wing pressure groups such as the Federalist society, or the right wing group Clarence Thomas's wife Ginnie Thomas is linked to.
The effect is seen almost with depressing regularity. There is the foot dragging being deployed by Aileen Cannon, for what should have been the most straightforward of Trump's court cases. Whilst at the other end of the scale, only a few days ago the SC upheld a redrawn map in South Carolina which effectively moved 62,000 black voters from a largely white voting district, thus helping to reinforce the Republican majority in the largely white district.

Beebo

Veteran
Quite an interesting write up on BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c288wpj1glyo

If Trump had admitted that he paid the money but had no intention to defraud he may have got off as that would be hard to prove.
But by denying even paying the money he fell down.
And it was his ego that did it because he wasn’t prepared to admit to that.

D

Deleted member 159

On the face of it, Trumps conviction has backfired.

His donations website crashed with massive in rush of donations for president campaign fund.

I'm seeing posts supporting Trump all over social media

Weird scenario

AndyRM

Elder Goth

His donations website crashed with massive in rush of donations for president campaign fund.

Weird scenario

Wake up, Neo...

Bazzer

Trump's lead lawyer doing the rounds on TV arguing that the prosecution should have called certain witnesses such as the twice jailed former CEO Alan Weiselberg, and they didn't because that would have helped Trump's case! Then dodges the obvious follow up question of, "Well if the prosecution didn't call Weiselberg etc., why didn't you?"
He is also dodging why they didn't call Trump, given both Trump and his former lawyer Alina Habba had been saying beforehand that Trump would testify.
But no doubt the presenters on the likes of Fox and Newsmax will be giving him soft questions.

Bazzer

His donations website crashed with massive in rush of donations for president campaign fund. Trump to syphon off for his legal fees, running his aircraft and Melania's personal maintenance costs.

Weird scenario
FTFY

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Trump releases his latest NFT...

Screenshot_2024-06-01-00-37-43-25_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6~2.jpg

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

I find it amazing that in America they are willing - even keen - to have someone who cheats on his taxes and refuses to serve his country in pretty much any manner
In charge of telling people how much tax they need to pay and how they need to serve their country

as well as all they other things he has done and said

Oh - and I saw a report today where trump was saying that the USA is a Fascist state
not exactly sure he knows what one is - just that someone has not done what he told them

Top Bottom