War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't say the thinking behind Galileo dated back to 2016. The reference to 2016 was pointing to the public discussion of Britain's relationship with the EU in 2016.
Ok thanks for the clarification, if you start with ''if you think back of 2016'' and then in the end add galileo as an example, i don't think it's that strange i respond the way i did, pointing out that galileo was long before that. Because saying back in 2016 and then begin about the west not trusting the Us anymore implies that you would think that would be the case from 2016 which i disagree with, just as i think the trust in the us, the EU and other countries stand or falls with their actions. So trust or no trust would more likely come in time periods, expect for major events like Russia's current war.
Russia invaded Ukraine last year because for one (like most of the world) they where under the impression they would easily win. Secondly because in ''14 ''08 and the years before that they got away with invading neighboring countries. They assumed their where so feared because they have very old nukes that no western country would dare to interfere. Now they are defeaten by old western tech in ukrainian hands. (the m777 howwitzers even without the advanced controls.)
Ik begrijp dat Engels niet je eerste taal is, maar dit is een basispunt.
Ik heb hierboven uitgelegd waarom ik dat toch een beetje anders zie.

D

Deleted member 49

C R

Über Member

Uhm, it is complicated. The headline is a rehash of the classic "se vis pacem, para bellum", if you want peace, prepare for war.

Instinctively I would agree with you in the revulsion caused by that argument, but, the existence of people like Putin makes for stark choices. Regardless of whether you accept the argument that NATO expansionism provoked Russia into invading Ukraine (I only partially accept that argument) we are now facing a lunatic that will not back out lest he looses face.

We are now faced with the situation where we drip feed help to Ukraine to grind down Russia. It will take a very long time for Russia to be ground down, and in the meantime Ukraine is being destroyed. Is it fair on the Ukrainian people to allow that? Putin can just keep the grind going until there's nothing left of Ukraine and then what, Bulgaria? Poland? Georgia? Where does he stop?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Ukraine becomes a testing ground for tank manufacturers.

Beebo

Veteran
Putin has 300,000 conscripted souls lined up for a spring offensive. They have no training and Cold War era kit.
It’s absolutely tragic that thousands will be mowed down in a futile willy waving exercise.
But I can’t see how the “West” have any choice but to stand up to Putin.

multitool

UK has bugger all tanks, and there will be even fewer by the time the current C2 to C3 upgrade is complete.

Lebanon and Angola have more than we do.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
UK has bugger all tanks, and there will be even fewer by the time the current C2 to C3 upgrade is complete.

Lebanon and Angola have more than we do.

Let us hope neither of those countries start a special operation in this country.

4dfdoa.jpg

Top Bottom